Attn Dana: nod to pride at UFC Japan a suggestion

I think most fans would appreciate some sort of nod to the pride days. I understand that pride rules is ridiculous (need to keep it unified) and the Japanese fans want the UFC product and not the pride one but could we see Eiko Koike as a guest ring girl or even commentator? Just thought it might be a nice touch what do you guys down here on the UG feel? Phone Post

Lenne Hardt pls. 

Most people agree with you. 

Nothing will be done.

That'd matter if there was any serious contingent of  diehard PRIDE Japanese fans that cared about this card as opposed to them doing it to sort of be able to say they did. Since like a total of 1,000 people besides that who probably post here are the only people who will have any clue to any PRIDE-related throwbacks, why bother?

I think people have a very skewed view of this event - it is not some celebration of PRIDE and the great era of Japanese MMA past, it is 'hey, let's go to Japan. That'll be one for the books!'

I loved how they would have all the fighters come out to an elaborate introduction before the fights. Phone Post

Pride was beautiful violence
but just let the UFC be the UFC, Dana and the Fertitta brothers have worked hard enough to earn that

Zuffa spent so much time saying 'fighting in Japan' to mean 'fighting in Pride/Dream/K1' that now whenever they announce 'x is fighting y in Japan' I automatically picture it in a beautiful white ring

and UFC Japan totally SHOULD be a Pride nostalgia trip... they have all the IP rights, hell they've even got a game to tie into it. If Pride is no longer relevant why is it the biggest selling point of the new game?

They gotta do something. I hope they get creative with this.

Epic intro video please Phone Post

no nod to pride at all please, too many fixed fights, crooked promoters and the UFC crushed them.

We have the Pride DVDs for that

ZJJitsu705 - Lenne Hardt pls. 

This would be enough to make me happy. However, if you want to have Brittney hold the octagon cards in the nude I guess that would also be a welcome addition :)

We all know they won't do anything in pride style, its just not them. The most we can hope for is call it UFC 142 pride. Phone Post

Lol @ halloween.
You've never even seen a Pride show.

Yes they should do something, but will do nothing.

Pride never die. Phone Post

My bad not 142 Phone Post

I don't really blame them for doing nothing different or special. They do what they do, which is run the UFC engine and keep it running. Going to Japan and holding an event there will be enough of a headache in itself

ZJJitsu705 - Lenne Hardt pls. 

This!!!!!!! Phone Post

Dr Violence - Zuffa spent so much time saying 'fighting in Japan' to mean 'fighting in Pride/Dream/K1' that now whenever they announce 'x is fighting y in Japan' I automatically picture it in a beautiful white ring

and UFC Japan totally SHOULD be a Pride nostalgia trip... they have all the IP rights, hell they've even got a game to tie into it. If Pride is no longer relevant why is it the biggest selling point of the new game?

This^^^^ Phone Post

Lenne Hardt announcing the fighters to the ring is a must.

You can still have Bruce Buffer do his thing once they make it to the octagon.

I concur

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOln9Z-Wo8g