Attn. Joe Rogan- Tell your best John Lee story

WestsideStrangler -  When you coming back to Texas?

I'm back in Austin next month. It'll be a while before I get back to Dallas.
Still loving it out there?

austin is the shit, i might be moving there sometime the during the first quarter of 2011

edit: i have nothing of real value to add to the thread

I am loving it here and we will come to Austin to see you.  I'll call ya this week. 

Joe, do you have any footage of you competing back in the day?  Any footage of you landing the spinning kick? 

-jk

Joe Rogan - 
Flow9 - 
Joe Rogan - 
Flow9 - John Lee from Chelsea?

Yeah, that's him.

blast from the past....as a kid growing up Johnny Lee was the first dude in real life that I thought of as a martial arts hero , bad motherfucker indeed! (jheri curl included)

Any idea of where he is these days?

you want me to get double D ...P.I on the case?

Hey Joe, the "weed goats" from your podcast last night. That is a true story but wasn't weed. The guy "credited" for finding coffee was a goatherder named "Kaldi or Kaldis" and he followed his goats eating coffee and they wouldn't tire and he started checking it out the same way.

That's how caffeine/coffee was credited as being found. I've worked a LOT in the coffee industry from barista, building and repairing machines, import/export.

Best John Lee story? How about your worst Doug Stanhope story? In all sincerity, Stanhope is nothing short of heroic and ingenious.

cool stuff

Son of Neckbone - Best John Lee story? How about your worst Doug Stanhope story? In all sincerity, Stanhope is nothing short of heroic and ingenious.

Haha +1!

Stanhope stories plz!

Stanhope's awesome, supposedly a while back at one of his shows a fan came up and gave him some E (or possibly MDMA, not sure). According to my friend, Doug just downed it before starting and went on to do the full show. Not sure how true this is but my buddy sais he saw it.

Joe Rogan - 
Flow9 - 
Joe Rogan - 
Flow9 - John Lee from Chelsea?

Yeah, that's him.

blast from the past....as a kid growing up Johnny Lee was the first dude in real life that I thought of as a martial arts hero , bad motherfucker indeed! (jheri curl included)

Any idea of where he is these days?

from what i hear he's had some tough times/issues, nothing i'd care to post out of respect

with some bjj that dude would've been a monster in vale tudo/mma

He’s the one on the top left in the back.

1 Like

In about a decade.