Attn. Joe Rogan- Tell your best John Lee story

We have some mutual friends and I've heard this guys name a few times as one tough sob.

He was the guy that taught me the turning side kick. When I first went to Jae Kim's Tae Kwon Do I was dropping in to check out the school and he was working out. He was training for the National championship at the time. He went on to take the Gold in the Nationals and represented the US at that world championships in Denmark and took a bronze there.
That dude was kicking the bag so fucking hard that I was immediately hooked on training there.
I had never seen anything like it.
I fought on the same team as him in many tournaments, and regardless of what was going on when John Lee was fighting everyone came over to watch. He was tricky as fuck, and he kicked like a wild horse. I saw many a man get hit by his turning side kick and sent sailing through the air, collapsing in a heap of agony. Dude was a bad motherfucker.

1 Like

Wasn't that also the name of the main character in The Replacement Killers?

He was badass, although he should have pulled Miro at the end.

that's basically the same I've heard. Where is he now?

John Lee from Chelsea?

What was your record Joe? ...... If you don't mind me asking :) Phone Post

Flow9 - John Lee from Chelsea?

Yeah, that's him.

NoGi bear - What was your record Joe? ...... If you don't mind me asking :) Phone Post

I really have no idea. I never wrote it down, and it was a long time ago. I fought at least once every 2 months in a tournament, and there were at least 3 fights to get to the finals, and I usually made it that far. I did that for 6 years straight. I have no idea how many times I fought. I only had 3 kickboxing fights, though. I won 2 and lost my last one.

Joe Rogan - 
NoGi bear - What was your record Joe? ...... If you don't mind me asking :) Phone Post

I really have no idea. I never wrote it down, and it was a long time ago. I fought at least once every 2 months in a tournament, and there were at least 3 fights to get to the finals, and I usually made it that far. I did that for 6 years straight. I have no idea how many times I fought. I only had 3 kickboxing fights, though. I won 2 and lost my last one.

Cheers for the reply mate!
Looking forward to seeing you and everyone else at 120.

Joe Rogan

Joe FTW Phone Post

Yer the man Joe

WestsideStrangler -  Yer the man Joe

Impossible. How can I be the man when you're out there running around?

What does it take to change the essence of a man?

Joe Rogan - 

Yeah, that's him.

blast from the past....as a kid growing up Johnny Lee was the first dude in real life that I thought of as a martial arts hero , bad motherfucker indeed! (jheri curl included)

When you coming back to Texas?

how far are you from mas roadhouse?/

Joe I know you have the material to make a better gif than our two on that laptop of yours! Do the right thing :oD Phone Post

Flow9 - 
Joe Rogan - 

Yeah, that's him.

blast from the past....as a kid growing up Johnny Lee was the first dude in real life that I thought of as a martial arts hero , bad motherfucker indeed! (jheri curl included)

Any idea of where he is these days?