Austin Hubbard vs. Max Rohskopf

knappster -
On a SideNote -
knappster - 

no shame in stopping a fight you know you cant win, its called saving your brain cells. smart move.

So only fight when you know you can win?

why take extra damage ?? youre an idiot if you think that was a bad move.

The kid has 5 MMA fights, he quit.  It’s not like he’s some savvy veteran saving himself for another day. 

1 Like

![](upload://vDzHwyoXhsGhXETyyaZpjCyTeKb.jpeg)

The pressure from former ufc champions and legendary coaches could have made him overconfident or added too much pressure.  

knappster - 
On a SideNote -
knappster - 

no shame in stopping a fight you know you cant win, its called saving your brain cells. smart move.

So only fight when you know you can win?

why take extra damage ?? youre an idiot if you think that was a bad move.

He quit.  He wasn't hurt at all.  He quit due to fatigue and realized he isn't as good as he thought he was.

And you must be a pussy who quits as well if you can't realize it.

knappster -

I understand what you’re saying for sure. 

But to add to that, he should no longer be fighting for a living either, at least not at the ufc level. 

wazzu19 -
knappster -

But to add to that, he should no longer be fighting for a living either, at least not at the ufc level. 

1-1. Takedown wins him the third. There’s literal shame in quitting on your stool this way. Concussed and taking years off your life, sure… But there’s certainly shame in quitting. 

1 Like
RockTheVote -
wazzu19 -
knappster -

1-1. Takedown wins him the third. There’s literal shame in quitting on your stool this way. Concussed and taking years off your life, sure… But there’s certainly shame in quitting. 

Yeah man I agree! I didn’t understand it, and after watching the way he talks about himself in the video Card posted, its even more baffling. Can’t teach that. 

Well he just got himself fired for sure 

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1274471524087427072?s=20

https://mmashare.fullfight.video/mma-streams-f39/austin-hubbard-vs-max-rohskopf-t1940.html

Wayne Glamcock - 

https://twitter.com/espnmma/status/1274471524087427072?s=20

Yeah, he is not a fighter.

Best of luck in your new career.

As someone pointed out, why take extra damage? I think quitting is the ‘smart’ Decision here, dude was probably going to take a beating in the 3rd. That said, if your answer is to quit in a fight that’s even going into the last round cause you think you might lose, then this is the wrong sport for you. If you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right. 

1 Like

From Helwani on ESPN.com:

The Nevada State Athletic Commission said it will look into a controversial sequence of events that occurred during Saturday's UFC fight between Max Rohskopf and Austin Hubbard.

Rohskopf was heard telling Drysdale to "call it" nine times during the one-minute rest period between rounds.

Ultimately, it was NSAC inspector Charvez Foger who called off the fight after Rohskopf said he was done fighting.

"That's something we will take a look at," NSAC executive director Bob Bennett told ESPN on Saturday night. "We might want to take disciplinary action on them. That doesn't sound like they are looking out for a fighter. Obviously, he didn't want to come out [and fight]."

"I stand by what I did," Drysdale told ESPN. "I expect excellence from the people I train because I love them. He wasn't seriously hurt, and I felt he needed a mental push. I would expect the same from my coach.

Rohskopf's manager, Brian Butler, declined ESPN's request to speak to Rohskopf, who did not talk to the media after the fight.

"Max suffered from fatigue due to the short-notice weight cut combined with a preexisting turf toe injury and was not able to overcome both," Butler said. "Didn't think the turf toe would become an issue but combined with the fatigue he just could not keep going. He is going to take some time off to heal up."

Tug Dabone - 

From Helwani on ESPN.com:

The Nevada State Athletic Commission said it will look into a controversial sequence of events that occurred during Saturday's UFC fight between Max Rohskopf and Austin Hubbard.

Rohskopf was heard telling Drysdale to "call it" nine times during the one-minute rest period between rounds.

Ultimately, it was NSAC inspector Charvez Foger who called off the fight after Rohskopf said he was done fighting.

"That's something we will take a look at," NSAC executive director Bob Bennett told ESPN on Saturday night. "We might want to take disciplinary action on them. That doesn't sound like they are looking out for a fighter. Obviously, he didn't want to come out [and fight]."

"I stand by what I did," Drysdale told ESPN. "I expect excellence from the people I train because I love them. He wasn't seriously hurt, and I felt he needed a mental push. I would expect the same from my coach.

Rohskopf's manager, Brian Butler, declined ESPN's request to speak to Rohskopf, who did not talk to the media after the fight.

"Max suffered from fatigue due to the short-notice weight cut combined with a preexisting turf toe injury and was not able to overcome both," Butler said. "Didn't think the turf toe would become an issue but combined with the fatigue he just could not keep going. He is going to take some time off to heal up."

Wow, go find another fight camp while you are looking for another career.

https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1274548216651005952

1 Like

Drydale is not to blame. He did his job. it was a crap matchup from the ufc to begin with and max wasnt that damaged but he absolutely should not be fighting anymore.

1 Like
Taco Muncher -

pretty much all these keyboard warriors on here talking shit. spot on

Everyone saying he should quit or isn’t a fighter can suck my left nut. He’s young, made his debut on short notice during a pandemic when lots of training had been fucked up, and shit the bed. So what. A quarter of the finishes in the UFC are guys quitting, make no mistake. If anything, this was immaturity and panic. Take a year, work on some things, and come back. 

1 Like

Corner man is a fucking retard! Your fighter says call it, sure try to get them back in the fight but after that many times where he clearly says call it? Fuck off! Throw the towel ffs! 

1 Like
Taco Muncher -

agree with the sentiment but white's opion is notoriously situation specific and 20/20 hindsight supportive