Awesome interview with Mark Hominick.

what a great guy this dude is, i wish him the best of luck against Jose Aldo.

Len:
You are given the moniker “The Machine”. Can you give us some insight on how that nickname came about?

Mark:
"When I started training with Sean Tompkins, I was 17 years old. He thought the way I trained was like a machine, never tired, never slowed down, no emotion. He said I gave it everything l had, like a machine."

Len
Can you describe a typical day in the life of Mark Hominick?

Mark:
"In between fights is a bit different. During training camps, which are 8 – 10 weeks, we do two two hour a day sessions. Mornings are more about the strength, conditioning and technical aspects of the sport. In the evenings is more geared towards sparring."

its a long interview and a great look into his preperation for jose, for the rest of the interview please follow the link.

http://www.addictedmma.com/story-Exclusives_765_MARK-HOMINICK-MEETING-039THE-MACHINE039.php

TTTeh

Im torn about how i want this fight to go, if Hominick pulls off the shock im worried it keeps Aldo stuck at FW for even longer, and im depserate to see this guy attack the LW division !! But i like Hominick and wanna see him do well.

Nice interview too, havent read a whole lot from him being from UK, we didnt get to see WEC over here.

Nice interview!

Anyone giving Hominick a real shot here....Hes up against one of THE form MMA fighters. Aldo & Overeem are killers right now, 2 guys that nobody in the division would be happy to face.

I've been a Hominick fan for years. I was frustrated that he never made a weight jump to get him into the UFC because I knew he could compete there.

Now things have changed and he's getting what he deserves. He waited and did things his way. He must realize that it's his time now and this is why I'm giving him a real shot at Aldo.

But, it's going to take everything he's got to pull off the W.

The Icon - Anyone giving Hominick a real shot here....Hes up against one of THE form MMA fighters. Aldo & Overeem are killers right now, 2 guys that nobody in the division would be happy to face.
Indeed, Aldo is one of the best. However, I'm sure Mark isn't losing any sleep over it. He's more than happy to face him and take that shiny gold belt off his hands.

brilliant vid Dougie.

boogeymonster - brilliant vid Dougie.

Not mine but it IS good.