Awful reffing in the Olympic boxing??

Anybody see the Iranian dude get DQ'd for absolutely nothing? Terrible decision 4 years of training down the shitter because of a shocking ref! Phone Post

I haven't seen it yet, but I am sure that somewhere in a heavily indebted multi-roomed mansion in Georgia that Evander Holyfield can relate (in addition to Roy Jones in diamond encrusted cock fighting pit in the great state of Florida).

Wow, just saw it, total bs, that accompanied with the decision in the fight that proceeded it (a Japanese fighter got screwed overtly) are sickening. I always hated Mike Tyson in part for his lack of self control and child like anger outbursts, but if I was in the shoes of either of those two fighters I think that I likely would have ended in jail as a result of the manner in which I would have responded. Phone Post

From fightnews:

BOXING NEWS
AIBA punishes Olympic officials

Following the review of the highly controversial Olympic bantamweight bout between Japan’s Satoshi Shimizu and Azeri Magomed Abdulhamidov in which the judges’ decision was overturned, the referee of that bout Ishanguly Meretnyyazov (Turkmenistan) has been “expelled” and is on his way back home. Apparently no sanctions against the judges who scored the last round of that bout 10-10, despite multiple knockdowns.

In other moves, Frank Scharmach (Germany), the referee of a controversial light heavyweight bout between India’s Sumit Sangwan and Brazilian Yamaguchi Falcao Florentino, was suspended for five days, and International Technical Official (ITO) Aghajan Abiyev (Azerbaijan) was also given the boot for “a number of breaches of the AIBA Code of Conduct.”

Dr Ching-Kuo Wu, AIBA President declared, “I deeply regret that we had to take these decisions. However, our main concern has been and will always be the protection of the integrity and fair-play of our competitions. I will take all possible steps to reinforce this.”

buddie - From fightnews:

BOXING NEWS
AIBA punishes Olympic officials

Following the review of the highly controversial Olympic bantamweight bout between Japan’s Satoshi Shimizu and Azeri Magomed Abdulhamidov in which the judges’ decision was overturned, the referee of that bout Ishanguly Meretnyyazov (Turkmenistan) has been “expelled” and is on his way back home. Apparently no sanctions against the judges who scored the last round of that bout 10-10, despite multiple knockdowns.

In other moves, Frank Scharmach (Germany), the referee of a controversial light heavyweight bout between India’s Sumit Sangwan and Brazilian Yamaguchi Falcao Florentino, was suspended for five days, and International Technical Official (ITO) Aghajan Abiyev (Azerbaijan) was also given the boot for “a number of breaches of the AIBA Code of Conduct.”

Dr Ching-Kuo Wu, AIBA President declared, “I deeply regret that we had to take these decisions. However, our main concern has been and will always be the protection of the integrity and fair-play of our competitions. I will take all possible steps to reinforce this.”

That's good Phone Post

Questionable reffing with Italy vs Cuba aswell. Phone Post

Rough Bearing - Questionable reffing with Italy vs Cuba aswell. Phone Post

Heavyweights
Jose Larduet (Cuba) vs Clemente Russo (Italy) Phone Post

That guy fought like John Ruiz

I enjoyed watching that mugging; winning ugly is better than losing.