Barao vs McDonald rematch?

I think McDonald deserves another shot at Barao, if he gets by Uriah in December. Their first fight was close and an excellent fight right up until Barao slapped that triangle on out of nowhere. That was McDonald's first time at that level, and I think he performed well, but also learned some lessons. I don't know if it was talked about but Michael was sick the week of the fight and was worried about his stamina. He also hurt his foot which hindered him slightly. That's not to take away from Barao's amazing finish. There is an old boxing saying that class always separates with time. As this fight went on, Barao showed he was the more rounded fighter. I think McDonald has improved since then and learned where he should and shouldn't be. Against Pickett he is fine on the mat, but not with Barao. In a rematch, he would stay on the feet. He also seems to be using his left hand more and not just looking for big rights. I think he is the only one around who can be not just competitive but have a real shot at beating Barao. I just hope he doesn't get out wrestled by Faber, and we might get to see it happen.

Build him up slowly the guy is very young let him improve for a year or two then put him.back in there. I do think he's a future champ for sure Phone Post

Too soon, although it would make sense rankings wise.

I don't think Michael gets past Urijah Phone Post 3.0

If Cruz isn't ready to come back in early spring of 2014 I think they're going to have to do a rematch between Barao and Faber/McDonald winner. Phone Post

Big fan here, but I have to say I am unhappy about the Faber fight. They keep throwing this kid to the wolves, and he needs more time to grow. I'd rather him fight Jorgensen, followed by Wineland. Then if he comes out good, let him cut his teeth on Faber. Such as it is, it just seems too early. Phone Post 3.0

He will more than hold his own with Uriah. The wrestling and scrambles is where he is at a disadvantage. His power is going to give Uriah something to worry about though. We'll see how it goes.

Sorry bro, Faber doesn't lose non title fights. So you'll see McDonald fighting the likes of Jorgensen soon. Phone Post

boxing wiz - He will more than hold his own with Uriah. The wrestling and scrambles is where he is at a disadvantage. His power is going to give Uriah something to worry about though. We'll see how it goes.
McDonald does not use leg kicks a la Aldo/Barao to keep a wrestler at a distance. It's difficult to see him outscramble Faber, and you can forget about subs from the bottom. He would need to catch him coming in, and how often does that happen... Phone Post 3.0

It's still an "if" but he'd definitely make a good case for a rematch if he wins. Phone Post 3.0

Mark Hunts Pet Monkey -
boxing wiz - He will more than hold his own with Uriah. The wrestling and scrambles is where he is at a disadvantage. His power is going to give Uriah something to worry about though. We'll see how it goes.
McDonald does not use leg kicks a la Aldo/Barao to keep a wrestler at a distance. It's difficult to see him outscramble Faber, and you can forget about subs from the bottom. He would need to catch him coming in, and how often does that happen... Phone Post 3.0

McDonald is so fast and hits so hard I think he's going to hurt Faber at some point. Phone Post

Looking forward to the future of bw division despite who wins. Fan of all the top guys Phone Post 3.0

Just so you know Jorgensen is a flyweight now Phone Post 3.0

this will be an interseting fight....

Brock Lobster - I don't think Michael gets past Urijah Phone Post 3.0

I sadly agree. Phone Post