Barnett: 'Strikeforce has a better heavyweight div

The Strikeforce top 5 HW's are better than the UFC's, they also haved the best HW prospect in MMA with Daniel Cormier

If this was 5 years ago, and all those guys came straight from Pride, Josh might be right.

Werdum, Nog, Crocop have all looked average at best in the UFC. I think age and all the battles caught up with them and the there really is no reason to believe the same result wouldn't be true for Josh or Fedor if they were in the UFC. Fuck, Crocop beat Josh 3 times and Nog beat him as well.

I think the old guard would be chewed up in the UFC at this point.

Al Turk would ko baby tits Phone Post

brahmabull81 - 
hbjj - 
Brock75thRanger - Fedors biggest wins were Crocop and Nog

Mir beat both those guys in much more dominating fashion,Mir isnt considered top 5 in the ufc hw,maybe 5th if he is

Yes i expect the typical Nog and Crocop walked through a post prime time warp the minute they entered the ufc

fact is Brock,Crocop,Nog,and Fedor are all within 2 years of each other in age.Funny how that post prime thing seems to coincidentally happen when the 3 pride guys leave japan,like they old got old on the same day or sumthin

hey moron, people said Nog looked Shot after herring KO'd him (only to lose) in their third fight. Cro Cop has looked fucking WEIRD since Gonzaga kicked his head off.

Dont act like these guys were whooping ass and ruling the world when Mir fought them.

Cro Cop had just fought a guy most people thought gave him the fight, and has looked like shit for long before that. I mean he didnt even kill Perosh. Hes NOT the same fighter, whether you think thats an excuse or not.

Nog... lol theyve been calling him zombie nog for like 3 years now.... yet you act like its all of a sudden being claimed hes old.

If you dont get the concept of fighter mileage and how it relates to age then shut the fuck up.

i dont think Nog or Cro Cop (then or now) wouldve had issues beating the shit out of Wes Sims or half the guys that beat the FUCK out of Mir throughout the years.

Fuck you and your sheep logic.

Fedor's time has passed, maybe, but stop discrediting him for wins that were meaningful at the time.

crocop came into the ufc on a 4 fight winning streak,i dont remember anyone saying he was post prime then.

Nog came into the ufc winning 5 out of his last 6 fights and directly after a win over Barnett,considering he was only 29 at the time i dont think anyone was crying post prime.In hindsight we judged them in the ufc and lack of success and say well they are obviously past there prime,but if you look at it through objective eyes you will see that both post prime careers happened as soon as they hit the ufc,both having had tremendous success the 2 previous years in pride and both being the same age within a year or 2 as Brock Lesnar who hadnt even had his first mma fight yet.

So again,Mir's biggest wins are more impressive then Fedor's because he is 1-1 against Brock as well so he holds a win over him.

Now if you want to talk about guys who Mir lost to that Fedor wouldnt have lost to i can name about 25 guys who Fedor beat that any top 20 hw would beat,including McCorkle who beat Hunt in about a minute,the same Hunt that almost subbed fedor and have him all he could handle

liquidrob - The Strikeforce top 5 HW's are better than the UFC's, they also haved the best HW prospect in MMA with Daniel Cormier

wow!! better?? NOT!

You're right. There are 25 guys who could have had the career Fedor has had. That's basically what you're saying isn't it?

Why am I taking you seriously? I'm not sure.

Brock75thRanger - 
brahmabull81 - 
hbjj - 

Mir beat both those guys in much more dominating fashion,Mir isnt considered top 5 in the ufc hw,maybe 5th if he is

Yes i expect the typical Nog and Crocop walked through a post prime time warp the minute they entered the ufc

fact is Brock,Crocop,Nog,and Fedor are all within 2 years of each other in age.Funny how that post prime thing seems to coincidentally happen when the 3 pride guys leave japan,like they old got old on the same day or sumthin

hey moron, people said Nog looked Shot after herring KO'd him (only to lose) in their third fight. Cro Cop has looked fucking WEIRD since Gonzaga kicked his head off.

Dont act like these guys were whooping ass and ruling the world when Mir fought them.

Cro Cop had just fought a guy most people thought gave him the fight, and has looked like shit for long before that. I mean he didnt even kill Perosh. Hes NOT the same fighter, whether you think thats an excuse or not.

Nog... lol theyve been calling him zombie nog for like 3 years now.... yet you act like its all of a sudden being claimed hes old.

If you dont get the concept of fighter mileage and how it relates to age then shut the fuck up.

i dont think Nog or Cro Cop (then or now) wouldve had issues beating the shit out of Wes Sims or half the guys that beat the FUCK out of Mir throughout the years.

Fuck you and your sheep logic.

Fedor's time has passed, maybe, but stop discrediting him for wins that were meaningful at the time.

crocop came into the ufc on a 4 fight winning streak,i dont remember anyone saying he was post prime then.

Nog came into the ufc winning 5 out of his last 6 fights and directly after a win over Barnett,considering he was only 29 at the time i dont think anyone was crying post prime.In hindsight we judged them in the ufc and lack of success and say well they are obviously past there prime,but if you look at it through objective eyes you will see that both post prime careers happened as soon as they hit the ufc,both having had tremendous success the 2 previous years in pride and both being the same age within a year or 2 as Brock Lesnar who hadnt even had his first mma fight yet.

So again,Mir's biggest wins are more impressive then Fedor's because he is 1-1 against Brock as well so he holds a win over him.

Now if you want to talk about guys who Mir lost to that Fedor wouldnt have lost to i can name about 25 guys who Fedor beat that any top 20 hw would beat,including McCorkle who beat Hunt in about a minute,the same Hunt that almost subbed fedor and have him all he could handle

Sad but true.....

liquidrob - The Strikeforce top 5 HW's are better than the UFC's, they also haved the best HW prospect in MMA with Daniel Cormier

Congratulations on comparing Brock, whose had 6 fights, to three guys who have all had over 30 fights and have been fighting for years.

I bet you think Tyson was still in his prime too when he lost to Danny Williams and Kevin McBride since he was coming off a 1st round KO win before those fights.

This "post prime thing" as you call it can happen quickly, it's not a 5 year process.

strykr619 -  I can't believe your people are letting yourself get trolled by Barnett. Werdum already got ROFLed out of the UFC, Overeem is a good fighter but I have yet to see him fight and REAL competition (sorry Rogers doesn't count). Fedor, of course is Top Tier and Barnett needs to stop being a hater. I would take him serious if he didn't have a habit of pissing hot every chance he gets. 

UFC has MANY top caliber fighters. Brock, JDS, Cain, Carwin, and a SOLID crew of middle tier fighters like Mir, Kongo, Gonzaga, Rothwell, Big Country, CroCop, Big Nog. 

Look at that list, Do you really think Strikeforce has a better HW division then the UFC? 

Another faggot trying to rewrite history.   Werdum got cut because he didn't want to renegotiate his contract.  

And who the fuck has Cain ever beaten to deserve "world beater" status???  Ben Rothwell?  Cheick Kongo?  A half dead Nog???    Mir became a "top guy" once again by beating a 1-0 Brock!!!    If these guys were in SF and the SF guys were in the UFC all of you faggot sheep would still be talking about the UFC's superiority.

barnett over brock imo

Go1 - strike force is a joke

and yet still has a better HW division than your precious UFC......

Werdum - How would Brock win? He only ever got stopped once (JDS) and he showed up twenty pounds overweight for that fight. Werdum would tap all these wrestlers on the ground and outstrike most of them as well. Werdum in the shape vs Fedor is twice as good as the out of shape Werdum that fought JDS.

The Reem - An absolute beast. His LHW losses were all almost due to cardio because he dropped so much weight. Training at GG has brought his striking to an insane level. You guys think JDS could hang with Badr or Remy? Please. His submission game is better than the main 4 UFC HWs, and his striking is clearly better.

Fedor - is beginning to slip due to age, fights, and inactivity. He's the best fighter of all time, and skill wise still is the toughest test for any HW period.

Barnett - Who knows? Lets see him vs a top fighter. Definitely is an elite catch wrestler with a mean streak and adequate striking.

Antonio Silva - is improving leaps and bounds every fight. He would smoke Carwin. Carwin has a glass jaw and was getting outstruck by Neil Wain. Silva is much better than Shane on the ground.

Prospects - no question. Cormier is the best prospect at HW and I would put money on him beating Brock or Carwin tomorrow. Del Rosario is also another top notch prospect.

By the way, to the guy claiming Mir beating zombie Nog and can't pull the trigger CC more impressively than Fedor, you're hilarious. 2005 CC would stop Mir like some of the c-list fighters Frank lost to, and Nog in 2004 would put on a clinic vs him. Stop making a fool of yourself. Nog looked washed up in the OWGP and CC was going to retire after winning it. He should have. He lost his drive.

strykr619 - 
Magic8 - 
strykr619 -  I can't believe your people are letting yourself get trolled by Barnett. Werdum already got ROFLed out of the UFC, Overeem is a good fighter but I have yet to see him fight and REAL competition (sorry Rogers doesn't count). Fedor, of course is Top Tier and Barnett needs to stop being a hater. I would take him serious if he didn't have a habit of pissing hot every chance he gets. 

UFC has MANY top caliber fighters. Brock, JDS, Cain, Carwin, and a SOLID crew of middle tier fighters like Mir, Kongo, Gonzaga, Rothwell, Big Country, CroCop, Big Nog. 

Look at that list, Do you really think Strikeforce has a better HW division then the UFC? 

Another faggot trying to rewrite history.   Werdum got cut because he didn't want to renegotiate his contract.  

And who the fuck has Cain ever beaten to deserve "world beater" status???  Ben Rothwell?  Cheick Kongo?  A half dead Nog???    Mir became a "top guy" once again by beating a 1-0 Brock!!!    If these guys were in SF and the SF guys were in the UFC all of you faggot sheep would still be talking about the UFC's superiority.

LOL put Strikeforces HW's division against the UFC and see which one is BETTER. Moron, enough with the Anti UFC bs and admit that quality matters. Who the fuck has Rogers beat to be considered world beater Arlovski? ROFL Mr half Dead. Who the fuck has Overeem beat to be world class? Rogers? LOL moron. Strikeforce has TWO top tier Fighters. Fedor and Werdum . 

Fucking Homo you talk all that shit but Strikeforce minus Fedor has a bunch of has beens at HW ( and a fucking known roider who can't even fight without pissing hot) . 

I'm not the one crowing that one company's HW divison is head & shoulders above the other's, shithead.  

Once again, who the fuck has Cain beaten that makes you think he's in another class than the SF guys?  He beats Rothwell and that somehow makes him a legit top guy.  Arlovski uses Rothwell as a heavy bag for 2 & 1/2 rounds before KO'ing him, but AA is a has been, and beating him means nothing...

Carwin & Rogers pretty much have identical records, yet dumbasses like you will tell me that Carwin is world class, and Rogers is a bum.

nobones - Barnett's last top 20 level HW opponent was Gilbert Yvel almost two years ago. Here is Barnett's resume over the past two+ years:

July 10, 2010 he beat Geronimo Dos Santos via TKO in the 1st round

March 22, 2010 he beat Mighty Mo via kimura in the 1st round

January 24, 2009 he beat Gilbert Yvel via verbal submission due to strikes in the 3rd round

July 19, 2008 he beat Pedro Rizzo via KO in the 2nd round

May 18, 2008 he beat Jeff Monson via UD

March 5, 2008 he beat Hidehiko Yoshida via heel hook in the 3rd round

December 31, 2006 he lost to Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera via UD

That's right, in two years he hasn't fought a top ten fighter, he's barely fought top 20 fighters. His last significant fight was against Noguiera THREE YEARS AGO! And he lost that fight. Not to mention he lost to Cro Cop three times.

To have Barnett even considered a top 10 HW these days is ridiculous. His greatest win of all time was a bullshit SD win over Noguiera about 4 years ago or Randy Couture about 8 years ago but he pissed dirty after that fight.

all that and you still know Barnett is one of the best HW's around

nobones - 
Legit top 20 HWs in Strikeforce:

Andrei Arlovski
Sergei Kharitonov
Brett Rogers
Daniel Cormier

Legit top 10 HWs in Strikeforce:
Alistair Overeem
Fedor Emelianenko
Fabricio Werdum
Antonio Silva

Legit top 10 HWs in the UFC:
Brock Lesnar
Cain Velasquez
Shane Carwin
Junior Dos Santos
Roy Nelson
Frank Mir
Antonio Rodrigo Noguiera

Legit top 20 HWs in the UFC:
Cheick Kongo
Mirko Cro Cop
Gabriel Gonzaga
Ben Rothwell
Mike Russow
Brendan Schaub
Stefan Struve
Pat Barry

ULTIMATE SELF OWNAGE!!!!!

That's TWENTY THREE...yes 23....TOP 20 Heavyweights you've listed.

EPIC FAIL!!!!!!

LOL you have put 11 top 10 Heavyweights.

And a further 12 to make up the top 20 LMFAO what a clown.

AND THAT DOESN'T INCLUDE ANYONE OUTSIDE UFC AND STRIKEFORCE!!!!!

Pedro Rizzo?
Aleks Emelianenko?

I suggest instead of being a smart arse on the internet you have a look at a reputable source like this:
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/rankings

nobone's top 20 is to awesome to just have 20

Hahaha he's made himself look like a right plum.