Be Thankful during Holidays

Now with Christmas nearing I think we all should be very grateful for what we have. Friends, Family, and Loved ones that we get to see everyday. Be thankful for our talents of practicing the martial arts everyday. We are lucky to be able to train Jiu-Jitsu, Karate, Taekwondo, Boxing, or what ever martial art you practice out there. We should all be thankful that we are lucky enough to do what we love everyday without barriers. Some people are not as lucky, or have faced horrible tragedies this year, or have unfortunate luck in their lives. I think during the Holidays we should look at ourselves and be thankful for what we have and help others that arent as lucky or fortunate. Two things we could do is help out a little boy named Santiago or donate to St. Judes. Kirik started the program with Santiago and I would like to name it "MMA.TV Adopt a Family" and help out Santiago and his mother during the holidays or donate a few bucks through paypal at RobertEMrotek2@aol.com for the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. All information on both cases are at the bottom

Kirik's Christmas Idea

A forum member who wishes to remail anonymous (THANK YOU) has provided 150 bucks for a playstation for 11-year-old Santiago Hernandez!!! I am so grateful.

For those of you who didn't see the thread, the details are copied below:

On 11/6 I reffed at Kipp Kollar’s NAGA Chicago. Throughout the first day, we were assisted by dozens of volunteers from Master Bob Schirmer’s Combat-Do. Among these good people was 11-year-old Santiago Hernandez, and his mother Mary Ellen.

That night Santiago went home, and there witnessed the death of his father in their home. The next day Santiago returned, entered, fought, and won his division; he placed the Gold medal in his dad’s coffin.

The training at Combat-Do has been turning Santiago’s life around, burning fat to muscle, a taunted, sometimes haunted life to one of respect. He trains in MMA, has competed in San Shou, as well as the IKF tournament in Florida, The Arnold’s in Ohio, and NAGA tournaments.

I am asking our community to make his Christmas as bright as possible.

The family, already of very modest means, is now devastated. Anything you could do can make a real difference. If you own a sportswear company, a tshirt sent across the country could let Santiago know he has people who know and care, everywhere. Even a small paypal donation could be dinner.

The effort is being handled by Combat-Do. There is no overhead. This Christmas, every penny goes straight to a boy, who loves and trains in what we do, from whom too much has been asked and taken. He is only 11. Checks or christmas gifts can be sent to:
Santiago Hernandez
C/o Combat-Do
2138 S 61st Ct
Cicero, IL 60804-2017

Fearless Goat's Christmas Program

Donate to the sick children at the St. Jude CHildren's Research Hospital. As many of you already know I have organized a charity seminar event with Chris Brennan, Wade Rome, Jeff Curran, Randy Bloom, and Hermes Franca to raise money for the Hospital. We are accepting donations for the St. Jude Hospital through paypal at RobertEMrotek2@aol.com..ALL PROCEEDS donated goes to the Hospital. All expenses of the fighters have been taken care of, and all your money will be going to St. Judes. I think this a great way to help out a great cause, and show the world what MMA is all about.

Also Ruckus Fight Wear is donating a tshirt to anyone who chips in a couple dollars for the St. Jude Hospital.

Check out the Hospital at www.stjude.org. The charity event is an official St. Jude Event as well.

Fearless Goat

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt

good stuff

the rev

Amen brutha

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt

thanks fearless goat nice post merry christmas! Santiago has been getting about two letters a day some clothing and a great Gameness Gi.
He has been in better spirits since the letters started coming in and he competed Sunday he took third in gi and 4th in no gi. He is still alittle mixed up and wasn't himself in competition but he is not as withdrawn. Time does heel all wounds Thanks to all of your generosity he really looks forward to the cards and letters.
Merry Chritsmas Master Bob
Combat-Do Chritsmas party is sunday at 4:00pm lots of food dancing singing demo's and fun at the Dojo everyone is welcome God Bless Master Bob

i am donating a bunch of Pride DVDs, a video game, and some shirts to Santiago

Fearless Goat

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt