Beat video to inspire HS kids to wrestle

Recently took a job at a school where wrestling program has been damn near non existent for decades. Most of these kids have no knowledge that wrestling even exists. Looking for something with clips of Joe Rogan calling wrestling best base for MMA , short profiles of UFC champs and top contenders who wrestled , NFL and college coaches and players speaking of how wrestling is advantageous……Anyone know of a good video please post or direct me to it. Thanks.

1 Like

Have them watch Foxcatcher

Show them randy couture vs james toney.

Mat Battle

1 Like

Randy being handy is an all time classic.

1 Like

Watching Diego Sanchez fight in MMA originally made me a fan of wrestling. There was that one fight in particular, I think Diaz vs Diego… there might have been a Karo fight in there too that did it. More recently, JBJ and DC.

There’s also something to be said for selling kids on GRAPPLING instead of wrestling. Wrestling is obviously a part of it, BJJ is obviously a part of it, Sambo really captures it, and yet none of those things are IT. The basic idea is this: you’re in a fight with no weapons and no striking. Grappling wins you that fight. Demian Maia is a grappler. Khabib is a grappler. JBJ is a grappler. (Yeah, those guys are also pretty amazing at some other things too).

Edit: that wrestling at 2:16… damn… full chub.

1 Like

I need something 10-15 minutes to catch the attention of kids that are clueless to wrestling and what it can offer them for combat sports preparation and for their development as a man.

Not exactly a school full of high academic achievers so attention span and base of knowledge on anything will be low.

I’ve seen a video over the years that is pretty good but there has to be something better out there.

I had almost 20 MMA fights, came in as a wrestler and became a pretty good no gi grappler as I did Jiu Jitsu for 20 years but I need to get them hooked on wrestling . Incidentally , these kids don’t have $150 / Mo to train BJJ and they can wrestle for free at the school. Thanks.

For me the jumprope scene from Vision Quest,

2 Likes

Dammit.

GSP vs BJ #2

Just show them Brock Lesnar videos