Bec Hyatt talks domestic violence. (sad)

WTF  Edelweiss. Mitch didn't abuse anyone u sack of shit. Mitch was the young kid living with Bec and Dan at the time. Mitch witnessed it. He would take the children into another room when Dan would get abusive. Mitch was a good bloke that at a young age did all he could. Keep the children out fo harms way when Dan would become agro.

Pull ur head in. You are the one trolling.

now I'm hoping you just mistaken the names of Dan and mitch. 

Phone Post

What a piece of fucking Shit!!

Bec your a great woman, beautiful, funny, talented, like Fast food (team Fat Kid) and I can promise you this... You will find a man who treats you right and loves you for who you are!!

Thanks for sharing your story! Phone Post 3.0

Standup move of Bec to share her story. This dan fella seems just a tad insecure Phone Post

Chomas -
TartanArmy -
Chomas - I feel bad for her of course, you dont lay your hands on a woman, but why air your dirty laundry like this? Phone Post 3.0
To highlight the plight of women suffering domestic abuse? To inspire more women to be brave and seek help in positions like this? Phone Post 3.0
OK I can see that. Phone Post 3.0

I hope youre like 12 Phone Post

damn

pegson123 - Mitch at 16 I think he did a good job of moving the children out of the firing line. Phone Post

My apologies, I read "mitch" but was thinking "dan". Phone Post

Damn had no idea. Hope they r not together anymore. Good luck Bec and hope you can somehow turn this into fuel for training and competition. Enjoy your fights.

Ps: I would expect this sooner from brian tate about miescha beating him up.... Just kidding :) Phone Post 3.0

ok no worries. Mulletron5000

Much respect to Bec both for surviving an abusive relationship and being strong enough to share the story with others.

http://www.policymic.com/mobile/articles/10919/domestic-violence-statistics-70-of-cases-go-unreported

Blue name please.

Sweet daddy bear.

There are no "two sides" of domestic violence. To even say such a thing after witnesses came forward is to insinuate that he must of had a good reason. "Lets hear his side. "

Violence against women is never ok. Unfortunately in our martial arts culture people are hesitant to come forward.

There were probably dozens of people who trained with them who knew for a fact that this was going on but hesitated to report it because of gym culture. "They are both fighters." "She must be ok with it..thats what you get for marrying a fighter" " she trains..she could fight back if she wanted to". Or the worst one yet.." bros before hos..especially teamates"

There are at least 5 active threads (100 LI ones alone) about violence against women, assorted assaults and the culture of silence thats surrounds it.

Each and every one of you has to take a long hard look at who you train with every day. If you wouldn't want that guy near your sister or your daughter than maybe you should reconsider training with him.

There is a gym out there in ozzy land training that psychopath right now. They know...and are training him anyway. My hope is that now that Bec has come forward they will show him the door.

And to you Bec, I hope you are reading this. Now that you have moved your kids into a new home and the worst is over, I encourage you to pursue every legal couse of action available to you to protect your children. I would also encourage you to seek counseling even though you may feel "fine" and relieved that its over.

I have been where you are. Although I don't have children your story is similar to my own. It can happen to anyone. Even warriors.

Thank you for speaking out for all of us. Phone Post

Nuevo Haole - 

lmfao @ that dude 'waiting patiently' while a woman was being severly physically abused

thanks for your support of her bro...

facepalm

If Bec was not ready to end the relationship, there is not a lot he could have done. Any confrontation he had with Bec's husband would likely have resulted in Bec taking more abuse, not less.

You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped. Many victims of domestic abuse don't want help. Until the victim is ready to stand up for herself, there is not a whole lot you can do. That is why it is such an insidious problem.

Subbed to support.

Proud of you Bec. Phone Post 3.0

That is rough that Bec had to go through all that shit. That dude deserves to be locked in a phonebooth with Mark Hunt for half an hour.

My love for bec is like berzerker! Phone Post

pegson123 -

WTF  Edelweiss. Mitch didn't abuse anyone u sack of shit. Mitch was the young kid living with Bec and Dan at the time. Mitch witnessed it. He would take the children into another room when Dan would get abusive. Mitch was a good bloke that at a young age did all he could. Keep the children out fo harms way when Dan would become agro.

Pull ur head in. You are the one trolling.

now I'm hoping you just mistaken the names of Dan and mitch. 

Phone Post

D'oh! I did mistake the names. I don't blame Mitch for anything. He probably has his own scars from the ordeal. My apologies for the mix up. Phone Post

What a piece of shit. Respect for coming out with this in hopes to help others, it couldn't have been easy. Good luck in the future! Phone Post 3.0

Karma is coming for that piece of shit, hopefully in the form a kick upside his head.

Very brave Bec. Good for you leaving that behind you, you deserve so much more. Phone Post 3.0

Dan Hyatt took a shit on his opponent's face a couple days ago, Anthony Perosh style.  Someone should give him a catchweight fight against Manhoef next.

If this is all true, it's fucked up and inexcusable. I don't know if moving immediately into a new relationship, was the best idea, here. She is a big girl though, hopefully everything works out for her. Phone Post