Belal Muhammad compares himself to a modern-day Georges St-Pierre

Does Muhammad have a point, or is this not an accurate comparison?

22 Likes

No Way GIF

7 Likes

GSP on his way to the Title had over a 75% finish rate.

Belal on his way to the Title has exactly a 75% decision rate.

GSP only became a conservative fighter after he got to the Top to stay at the Top. But on the way up he was a finisher and a killer. Belal while a good fighter gets most his wins after Judges decide who won.

4 Likes

Maybe he has the same chemist?

1 Like

Great imagination on that kid

Im like a modern day GSP too!

3 Likes

I think if he was around back in the Gsp era with the current skills he has now he’d dominate the division. He’d destroy Matt Hughes, Matt Serra, Josh koshcheck, frank trigg, Pete spratt, Nick Diaz, robbie Lawler,

His LNP style is very similar to post Serra GSP.

Khamzat will butcher him just like he would GSP as well.

A few of those guys give him a good fight…

I understand what he means. He’s not saying he’s as good as GSP or that they have the same career. He’s only saying that he’s become a dominant wrestler, while not having a wrestling background, just like Georges did. He’s dominating guys even more than accomplished wrestlers have in the past, which is what GSP did.

I’ve never been a Balal fan, but if he’s talking about taking out Chimaev, then I’m all in. The enemy of my enemy is my friend type shit.

5 Likes

You don’t like Khamzat???

Episode 11 Mike GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

5 Likes

Nope

Diaz, Lawler & Hughes would piece him up. Would favour Kos too.

I like Belal, but this is as far as he gets, and Wonderboy has always been hugely overrated. Couldn’t beat Woodley twice, got brutalised by LW Pettis, one of the most overrated fighters in the game

1 Like

Goodfellas GIF

5 Likes

goodfellas GIF

3 Likes

star wars 7 laughing GIF

3 Likes

GSP is the modern day GSP…

Yeah but look at Usman’s finishing rate before and after he became the champ.

Although I’d say that’s pretty rare.