Belcher: Bisping is one of the best point fighters

"I've called (Bisping) a point fighter in the past and he is. He's one of the best at it. He doesn't really sub people or KO them, but he can beat your butt in a decision that's for sure. Stann is a great guy but I pick Bisping to win by a decision."  

82% finishing rate... 

Thanks for posting this...

Card - 82% finishing rate... 

Thats a little misleading. 82% of his wins are by finish but he has only finished 18 of his 26 opponents for a finishing rate of 69%.

With the logic you applied you could say a fighter who is 3-12 with all wins by ko has a 100% finishing rating.

All of his finishes are by referee stoppage.

He has never cleanly KO'ed anyone, and has no submissions in the UFC.

His stoppages are all the Rivera/Mayhem fight style, opponent too tired to fight back kind of stoppages.

Whos the best guy he finished? Phone Post

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

Whos the best guy he finished? Phone Post

Kang?

TheRealMrBeefy - I think it is crazy not to respect a fighters finish rate because none of the stoppage's were clean.

Bisping comes to fight every time he steps in the octagon. He has come a long way since his tuf days.

I couldnt stand him then, i think he is great now. I think he will win the stann fight convincingly. Phone Post

I respect it, I just have a problem with people posting it like he is some kind Of knockout artist. Because he isn't. Phone Post

KrazyZenki -
Card - 82% finishing rate... 

Thats a little misleading. 82% of his wins are by finish but he has only finished 18 of his 26 opponents for a finishing rate of 69%.

With the logic you applied you could say a fighter who is 3-12 with all wins by ko has a 100% finishing rating.

Yeh but the point being made is that he's a point fighter. Now when you've only won 4 times by decision it's a bit harsh to say that someone is a point fighter. Phone Post

I agree with Belcher... Jog and Jab Phone Post

A point fighter... With 14 TKO's and 4 submissions... And only 4 wins by Decision in his career...

Yea, total point fighter. Have to say I disagree with Alan on this one. Phone Post

Chimonos Revenge -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive -  Whos the best guy he finished? Phone Post

Kang?

There you go Phone Post

Never let facts get in the way of a good bit of Bisping hate - The OG Phone Post

I think what he means by point fighter his that he isn't a killer. He attacks an attacks an attacks until his opponent wilts. He does go in throwing bombs or doing anything crazy. He doesnt have any high light reel finishes an he's not putting people to sleep.

Example.. the mayhem fight. Bisping attacked an attacked an attacked an attacked until mayhem jus curled up in the feetal position an the ref had to stop. Same in the Rivera fight someone mentioned. Rivera jus sat down an covered up cause he jus wilted. Phone Post

Basically what Belcher is saying is that Bisping doesn't throw power shots. Or try takedowns to get a submission. He doesn't come in like he is trying to finish the fight. He is a pitter patter outstriking point boxer. And belcher is right. He is good at it.

aka_rtotheoh - Basically what Belcher is saying is that Bisping doesn't throw power shots. Or try takedowns to get a submission. He doesn't come in like he is trying to finish the fight. He is a pitter patter outstriking point boxer. And belcher is right. He is good at it.

Yup.....................

I really like Bisping's style of fighting. Pressure, work-rate, well placed shots and no winging punches. Even when he gets the takedown he works.

Nick Diaz is a similar in that respect. He just crisply out strikes opponents until they can't take no more and then finishes them.

When Bisping wins he usually beats down his opponents. I personally think he's an exiting fighter to watch.

Fighters are usually quick to disparage Bisping and he's usually quick to immediately organise a fight with them. Most of the time their opinions change once they've competed with him. Phone Post