Bellator Benson 285 Friday

Featured prelim? As in the headliner that supposed to be convincing fence sitters to buy the PPV that’s up next?

I don’t know if I’d go that far…they are decent for their division though, not total scrubs by any means.

1 Like

Yes. They’d be much worthier featured prelims then some of the ones we see on the men’s side. Out of all the female fighters, those two are on the list of ones I’d complain about the least.

1 Like

Started yet???

6 minutes for the Prelims on Youtube

First fight was a pretty wild choke out. Have to check that replay out again.

Looked like they both almost went out Hughes/Newton style but one had the edge on the choke and staying slightly more conscious

1 Like

Off to a Violent Prelim Start!

1st fight a Choke Out and 2nd fight a Head Kick TKO

3 Likes

The Violence Continues! 3rd fight another fighter Choked Out!

2 Likes

Fuck Im working so I can barely catch a glimpse of the fights. Did Georgi fight yet?

1 Like

I’m “working” too… lol but I think Georgi is up next!

1 Like

Georgi fighting now. Great pacing so far as usual for Bellator Prelims. By 1 hour mark we were on our 4th fight already.

2 Likes

Hell yea Bellator Prelims always also turn out to be better then the main card 9 out of 10 times

3 Likes

Georgi almost got finished in the 2nd Round but did well to survive through it. Round 3 next!

2 Likes

“The UFC was pampering him, was pampering ‘Izzy,’ and basically I guess what they wanted was for me to go running after him,” Romero told The MMA Hour. “No, I’m not going to do that. If he was intimidated and didn’t want to exchange punches with me, that’s on him, not on me.“

So the UFC was somehow pampering Izzy because when he stopped you from being able to hit him, you chose not to be more aggressive…or something?

It’s always super gay when a fighter’s excuse consists of “I just don’t want to try that hard, it’s not fair!!!”

Good stuff so far.

2 Likes

Bellator prelims is one of the best fight shows you can watch

2 Likes

They can be pretty fast and exciting. I went to 1 Bellator Event this year that had 10 Prelims and the breakdown went:

10 Fights
6 KO/TKO’s
2 Subs
2 Decisions

For a 80% Finish Rate

There was even an almost FOTY Candidate in terms of excitement not skill lol as they were a Debuting fighter vs an 0-1 fighter but it was really fun to watch. It’s strange how they can deliver more excitement and better pacing in those Prelims compared to main cards sometimes.

HOW CAN WE WATCH THESE ONLINE??

By Comparison the 1 UFC Event I went to this year on the Prelims it broke down like this:

7 Fights
0 KO/TKO’s
3 Subs
4 Decisions

For only a 42% finish rate

6 Prelim KO/TKO’s for the Bellator Card
0 Prelim KO/TKO’s for the UFC Card

Posted above but here it is again

Lol

I thought no way that’s real, I had to listen to him announce it three times.

Sounds made up and just like the stupid nicknames I make up on fight night that my wife loves/hates.

2 Likes