Bellator is Beating the UFC

They are great at using the Legends to open the door for the current and future talent... unlike the UFC who pays its young talent peanuts....

I’ve been a fan/athlete my whole life. I love MMA and the UFC as brand. It’s just had a bad few years. It’s only getting worse. They don’t know how to properly promote or grow fighters. TUF has been dead for years... 

Bellator’s event was an unmissable Bellator event.

I missed it to watch UFC. Go figure.

HoldMeCloser -
LBH_RN - If you can honestly say you were more excited to watch 40 year old Sonnen fight a fat ass 39 year old Rampage instead of Miocic/Ngannu, you are indeed retarded. That tournament is a joke and we all know it. Whoever wins it, could you honestly see that person beating Francis or Stipe?

yes i was. we all knew ngganou was hype train that would gas himself out and get grinded out to a decision. None of us knew what would happen between sonnen and rampage.

and incase you didnt know..both rampage and sonnen are REAL superstars...ngganou and stipe together has less than half the fans sonnen has alone.....

Exactly. Who is Stipe or Francis? is what 99% of the population would say. 

Everyone knows Rampage and Sonnen. It was a great way for them to put eyeballs and spotlight on the rest of the card. Aaron Pico looked every bit the hype now. That body shot... my God...

UFC fell off big time once they started having fight cards so often causing the PPV's to be watered down. I miss when a PPV was every other month and was pretty stacked. You actually got really excited. 

Some of it is obviously star power. The big names of Anderson Silva, GSP, Brock etc just aren't there anymore. You have Jon Jones who is a mess, Conor who wants to take years off between fights and not much else for big star power.

I also think to many weight divisions makes it really difficult for casuals to remember all the fighter's. Lets be honest, most fans don't care about the weight divisions under 155. Not every fan but most don't care.

I used to be a huge fan 5 to 7 years ago but now I miss most cards and get updates on here. I know alot of people are the same way.

I really love what Bellator has done. This tournament is awesome even with all the older fighters, they were all really good in their prime with big names and still fun to watch. Bellator has a ton of good talent as well.

comeonman1 -

UFC fell off big time once they started having fight cards so often causing the PPV's to be watered down. I miss when a PPV was every other month and was pretty stacked. You actually got really excited. 

Some of it is obviously star power. The big names of Anderson Silva, GSP, Brock etc just aren't there anymore. You have Jon Jones who is a mess, Conor who wants to take years off between fights and not much else for big star power.

I also think to many weight divisions makes it really difficult for casuals to remember all the fighter's. Lets be honest, most fans don't care about the weight divisions under 155. Not every fan but most don't care.

I used to be a huge fan 5 to 7 years ago but now I miss most cards and get updates on here. I know alot of people are the same way.

I really love what Bellator has done. This tournament is awesome even with all the older fighters, they were all really good in their prime with big names and still fun to watch. Bellator has a ton of good talent as well.

VU+ Best answer yet 

ThatsHowIRoll -
ranier wolfcastle -

i'd rather watch the ufc rejects fight on bellator free than  pay $65 to watch last nights ufc

You are citing one example to confirm your biased opinion.

I'd rather watch 80% of free UFC fight nights than any of the Bellator PPV events showing fixed fights between ex-UFC fighters that should be retired.

i agree 100 percent with ranier wolfcastle

Bellators Pride Grand Prix with not even top tier fighters blows away anything the UFC has done in years

JoeMimic -

The final four main events for Bellator in 2017 were Noad Lahat/Jeremiah Labiano, Julia Budd/Arlene Blencowe, Carvalho/Sakara, and Michael McDonald/Peter Ligier. Cmon now.

See how they ignored this post? 

ThatsHowIRoll -
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
ThatsHowIRoll -

Sorry but no. No one votes with their dollars and buys their PPVs including you.

I am in Australia and every pub here shows UFC and gets a crowd to watch.

It's cool on the UG to be a chicken little about UFC failure but its the number one org, has the best fighters, best fights and that isnt going to change because of a few MMA hipsters UG opinions.

They aren't even close to being a competition at this point in the big picture. They don't have the budget to compete which is why they have fighters who are ready to compete, sit on the sidelines. Reason is making $$ on MMA on that level is extremely difficult.

I don't doubt it. Would be SO hard to make it pay and with what Bellator are paying their fighters (especially ex-UFC) and lack of PPV revenue for a number of reasons - I can't see how the organisation is a viable investment at all for it's owners.

I think competition is good and I like Bellator, I just take exception to the people on here that want to slag UFC and make out like Bellator is something that it is not, all the while streaming and doing nothing to actually support them.

Bingo

Steve Iceman Little - 

They should have rebranded the name while also renaming the network.

There’s nothing wrong with the organization name.

UGK4Life -
HoldMeCloser -
LBH_RN - If you can honestly say you were more excited to watch 40 year old Sonnen fight a fat ass 39 year old Rampage instead of Miocic/Ngannu, you are indeed retarded. That tournament is a joke and we all know it. Whoever wins it, could you honestly see that person beating Francis or Stipe?

yes i was. we all knew ngganou was hype train that would gas himself out and get grinded out to a decision. None of us knew what would happen between sonnen and rampage.

and incase you didnt know..both rampage and sonnen are REAL superstars...ngganou and stipe together has less than half the fans sonnen has alone.....

Exactly. Who is Stipe or Francis? is what 99% of the population would say. 

Everyone knows Rampage and Sonnen. It was a great way for them to put eyeballs and spotlight on the rest of the card. Aaron Pico looked every bit the hype now. That body shot... my God...

Pico fought a tomato can