Bellator is Beating the UFC

Bellator is steadily getting more buzz than the UFC. No one at work (casual fans) mentioned the UFC at all this week but were all excited for Bellator. I Watched them both. Bellator was all over my time line... UFC needs to step it’s game up. Glory days are over, Stars are gone, rankings are a joke. oh and how do they combat all those live streams?  I’ve never watched one but everybody says you can watch them easily now for free.

I bet Bellator did better numbers being broadcast for Free on Two Major American Networks at the same time... waiting for Paid Dana Shrills...

I was more excited for Bellator than UFC.

Bellator was great last night. I’ve been saying for a little while now. Bellator is slowly but consistently growing and improving. 

Idk if we can say that about ufc. 

Sorry but no. No one votes with their dollars and buys their PPVs including you.

I am in Australia and every pub here shows UFC and gets a crowd to watch.

It's cool on the UG to be a chicken little about UFC failure but its the number one org, has the best fighters, best fights and that isnt going to change because of a few MMA hipsters UG opinions.

ThatsHowIRoll -

Sorry but no. No one votes with their dollars and buys their PPVs including you.

It's cool on the UG to be a chicken little about UFC failure but its the number one org, has the best fighters, best fights and that isnt going to change because of a few MMA hipsters UG opinions.

They aren't even close to being a competition at this point in the big picture. They don't have the budget to compete which is why they have fighters who are ready to compete, sit on the sidelines. Reason is making $$ on MMA on that level is extremely difficult.

OP works at Curves

If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
ThatsHowIRoll -

They aren't even close to being a competition at this point in the big picture. They don't have the budget to compete which is why they have fighters who are ready to compete, sit on the sidelines. Reason is making $$ on MMA on that level is extremely difficult.

I don't doubt it. Would be SO hard to make it pay and with what Bellator are paying their fighters (especially ex-UFC) and lack of PPV revenue for a number of reasons - I can't see how the organisation is a viable investment at all for it's owners.

I think competition is good and I like Bellator, I just take exception to the people on here that want to slag UFC and make out like Bellator is something that it is not, all the while streaming and doing nothing to actually support them.

If you’re not Conor McGregor, Bellator is a way better employer with way better pay and benefits.

I’m a big fan of the UFC. I’m sad to see it going downhill. You got a guy walking around with another’s man belt. Jon Jones kicked your face off and you cried. We’re supposed to believe you’re the Champion? 

i'd rather watch the ufc rejects fight on bellator free than  pay $65 to watch last nights ufc

ranier wolfcastle -

i'd rather watch the ufc rejects fight on bellator free than  pay $65 to watch last nights ufc

You are citing one example to confirm your biased opinion.

I'd rather watch 80% of free UFC fight nights than any of the Bellator PPV events showing fixed fights between ex-UFC fighters that should be retired.

Wasn’t this thread made like 5 years ago?

I wasn’t excited for rampage vs. chael at all. Maybe a decade ago but not today

Paramount Donkey - Wasn't this thread made like 5 years ago?

Why not? Chael ended up looking fantastic

sekundarburnes -

Rampage ended up looking obese. And the bellator hw tournament is the biggest thing they have going and it is full of old washed up fighters, ufc rejects, and guys who have never fought at hw before. I watch both ufc and bellator but saying bellator is a better product is retarded.

HoldMeCloser -
SandBlaster -
sekundarburnes -

Rampage ended up looking obese. And the bellator hw tournament is the biggest thing they have going and it is full of old washed up fighters, ufc rejects, and guys who have never fought at hw before. I watch both ufc and bellator but saying bellator is a better product is retarded.

bellator is full of ufc rejects and ufc is full of strikeforce rejects. its all good. but as of last night…bellators event kicked the living shit out of another meh ufc.

First time for everything

HoldMeCloser -
SandBlaster -
sekundarburnes -

bellator is full of ufc rejects and ufc is full of strikeforce rejects. its all good. but as of last night…bellators event kicked the living shit out of another meh ufc.

How was bellators event last night better?

If you can honestly say you were more excited to watch 40 year old Sonnen fight a fat ass 39 year old Rampage instead of Miocic/Ngannu, you are indeed retarded. That tournament is a joke and we all know it. Whoever wins it, could you honestly see that person beating Francis or Stipe?

They should have rebranded the name while also renaming the network.

Rory McDonald beat Tyron Woodley.... doesn’t that make him at least as good as the UFC Champ???? He’s at least Top 3 F what you heard....