Bellator MMA re-signs A.J. McKee to an exclusive multi-year contract

I have been sitting on this news waiting for it to become public. Signed a 6 fight contract with three of them in the tourney. His first fight should be against Patricky. The other side of the bracket should have Usman Nurmagomedov with the potential of AJ and Usman fighting for the big prize. A lot of people do not think AJ can win a fight against Usman but they said the same thing when he fought Pitbull and won.

4 Likes

I hope the contract had a buyout of his walkout outfit at Rizin.

Congrats to him for getting a (presumably) great contract.

2 Likes

This is unfortunate as I and many others wanted to see him really test himself against the top ufc talent

10 Likes

To be honest, he really wants to fight in the UFC and thinks the 6 fights will be up in the next two years barring any injuries. I hope he does not go to the UFC and pull a Gilbert Melendez lol

2 Likes

UFC needs to buy Bellator and turn it into a minor league show like DWCS.

4 Likes

I hear ya but this is not like the Strikeforce situation. Viacom bought Bellator in 2011 to be involved in the MMA business that was booming ratings-wise. They do not want to sell most likely.

Bellator MMA for sale? ‘They’re on the market’

According to The MMA Hour’s Ariel Helwani, the Bellator MMA promotion could be sold in 2023 … if Viacom/CBS can find a buyer.

2 Likes

Wowwwww good looking out bro

Well I guess that coming from Aerial so it’s probably bullshit lol.

1 Like

Carie, Scott Coker’s assistant said she has not heard anything. AJ’s agent said “Meh, they’ve been on the market for years”…lol

1 Like

True lol

The name has to be holding them back.

1 Like

The name Bellator? lol

1 Like

Yes lol it’s terrible . Coker even talked about changing it.

2 Likes

Yeah but Strikeforce was long and not a good name either lol

1 Like

We need to do a poll on a good name lol

1 Like

Yeah I guess it was so bad ass because of the roster.

Absolutely and I bet they would see it too.

Good for that competition.

Love the loyalty thus far from guys like A.J and Pitbull brothers.

MVP at 170 ufc would be interesting . Storley vs Colby …