Bellator Not Interested In The Motown Phenom - Coker

1 Like

Scott Coker says that Bellator is not currently interested in signing free agent Kevin Lee following his UFC release.

The former interim lightweight title challenger, Lee (18-7 MMA), was let go by Dana White and company last week after suffering setbacks in four of his past five Octagon appearances.
Kevin Lee was admittedly shocked by his release, and the way he was let go left a sour taste in his mouth.

“That was kind of the worst part about it,” Lee said Wednesday on The MMA Hour (h/t MMAJunkie). “I didn’t really have the proper notice or even get a phone call about it… Honestly, that’s what pisses me off the most – the lack of respect.”
“That’s the main thing that kind of pisses me off about this. When we in the UFC, that’s really all you’re fighting for, is your respect,” Lee said. “People respect you for being a UFC fighter. When they hear the name, they automatically give you some kind of respect. We not doing it really for the money. It ain’t a whole lot of fame in this sht. It’s like, OK, I’ve done all this sht for y’all. I’ve put put my body on the line just to end up with an alcohol problem and some tax problems. And at the end of the day, you take my respect away from me, too? It’s like, OK, well then, sh*t.”

Hi Khabib , any openings ?

Yeah he is on a bad skid. Who would want to sign him in mma? If you do your promotion is basically branding itself as second rate.

Unfortunately he will have to do celebrity boxing or bare knuckle fighting for a while…

HUH ?

2 Likes

I’m sure Scott Coker would LOVE to sign him, but It seems he doesn’t like Bellator being filled with a bunch of former UFC fighters

He said the same thing about Yoel Romero

2 Likes

“It’s because of his gay ass tattoo”

• Scott Coker

Kevin Lee didn’t get the tattoo. Adderall did.