Bendo was re-hydrating while Nate was still losing

...weight!

How much of a factor do you think that played in his performance?

I dont think he would have won but it could have been much closer

In almost no way at all, and it was his own fault.

It probably broke him down a little bit both mentally and physically, but I don't think the outcome of the fight would have changed either way.

I like Diaz, but it was his fault for not making the weight and as such I don't think it's an excuse.

Even if so Benson knew exactly what to do to exploit an ill prepared Diaz and did he ever...That kid needs to drop the Judo and boxing for a little bit and really work on some Muay Thai and takedown defense.

I was surprised for him having weight issues

Before I get flamed i'm not trying to say Nate's bjj is judo, all i'm saying is that the Diaz boys seem to think that practicing Judo hip tosses neutralizes top level wrestling.

Nat had 8 months to prepare. Phone Post

ArthurKnoqOut -

I don't think it was weight issues, he just somehow didn't know he had to be at 155 even Phone Post

It's not like Diaz spent another day cutting weight, he took a shit and did a bit more exercise. It wouldn't have affected his performance at all.

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ArthurKnoqOut -

I don't think it was weight issues, he just somehow didn't know he had to be at 155 even Phone Post

Right, I remember him being surprised when he weighed in at 156. I actually wasn't quite sure that he had to make 155 either.

I thought Burt Watson was on the fighters all week about their weight. How did he let that one sneak through?

That's one of his main jobs from what I have seen on the behind the scenes shows. Phone Post

OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 
ArthurKnoqOut -

Oh come on! Any MMA/UFC fan knows this. How come a PROFESSIONAL FIGHTER FOR 8 F**CKING YEARS doesn't? Stop fooling yourself, kid.

And don't forget Cesar Gracie, his brother, the contract, etc, etc.

There's no way all of them doesn't know this. Unless they are all completely retarded, and that's a possibility.

Zero percent of a factor

brigsy - 

I thought Burt Watson was on the fighters all week about their weight. How did he let that one sneak through?

That's one of his main jobs from what I have seen on the behind the scenes shows. Phone Post

Burt's job is to ride the guys who come in 20 pounds over and need to cut massive amounts of weight the week of the fight.  Nate has never missed weight before and doesn't cut a ton of weight.  He just screwed up his cut and was over by 0.8 pounds on his first attempt and 0.2 pounds on his second attempt.  Expecting Burt to catch that small of a miss is a bit silly.

Steve4192 -
brigsy -  I thought Burt Watson was on the fighters all week about their weight. How did he let that one sneak through?

Burt's job is to ride the guys who come in 20 pounds over and need to cut massive amounts of weight the week of the fight.  Nate has never missed weight before and doesn't cut a ton of weight.  He just screwed up his cut and was over by 0.8 pounds on his first attempt and 0.2 pounds on his second attempt.  Expecting Burt to catch that small of a miss is a bit silly.

If my job was to make sure the fighters were on weight, especially for a network tv title fight, I don't think it's silly to check that he actually is on weight. Phone Post