Benny The Jet Urquidez training videos

Benny the Jet turns 72 today

7 Likes

Benny The Jet Urquidez was great a, a legend…but he did get knocked down a couple times and basically schooled/ beaten by BILLYE JACK JACKSON of Dallas though they did not give Jackson the win.

Billy Jack Jackson trained with world champ DEMETRIOUS " THE GREEK " HAVANAS in Dallas along with lengendary bad ass RAY McCALLUM who fought often on PKA Karate ESPN and TROY DORSEY, they all trained at Greeks dojo in Richardson Texas, also TIM KIRBY a point fight competitor and FORMS KATA legend in THE TEXAS KARATE scene in the 1980s…Billy Jack Jackson later trained GUY METZGER in Dallas for the striking for his MMA career.

The video of Billye Jack Jackson versus BENNY THE JET is on youtube somewhere if someone can lost it,

2 Likes

and

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

he also got beat by Narongnoi, they gave it to benny which triggered a riot,
keyed up to near the ending where benny gets dropped with a high kick.

they also gave him this win which was downright robbery.

2 Likes

I’m going to put it out there though, he did the best of any westerner against the Thais without having trained Muay Thai.
The others were either significantly bigger or had trained Muay Thai.

2 Likes

I have always liked Chuck, but I always thought he had rather poor technique.

2 Likes

Can’t have a kickboxing discussion without Jean-Yves Theriault. Excellent boxing. Naturally gifted with knockout power.

4 Likes

Still have his book:

3 Likes
3 Likes

That is awesome.

1 Like

In

1 Like

Will try to head up to Ottawa to get it signed by the man himself and hopefully a training session.

2 Likes

I had that book too.
Along with

2 Likes

Yeah I got the first book too!

2 Likes

This book was on my nightstand during my middle school years:

3 Likes

I had that one too.

2 Likes

Huge Bong Soo Han fan, from his work in the martial arts obviously, but also his appearance in “The Trial of Billy Jack”, and the “Kentucky Fried Movie”.

When I moved to LA a million years ago, I went to a driving range and two stalls down was the master himself!!! I couldn’t believe it, that was a bigger celebrity sighting for me than Arnold.

He had on white shoes, white pants, a white polo and a pink v-neck sweater.

Big hitter…long.

2 Likes

I think it was kirik that said jean Yves hit someone on the the right side of his body and the shockwave broke a rib on his left side, which is insane.

1 Like