BENSON THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME

MasterofMartialArts -
Wasa-B - He was still backing up and trying to find his opening against a bigger and aggressive guy. People just focus too much on finishes and still do not appreciate nuance in this sport. Ben would have gotten the RNC in R3 imo without the gloves and the way people hold onto them when they have their back taken.
I agree dude. Some are acting like he's never been in an exciting fight before. He landed probably the same amount of strikes he landed in previous fights.

It just was more impressive because he got the finish and he was fighting up in weight. Phone Post 3.0
Yup. Bendos always exciting Phone Post 3.0

MasterofMartialArts - 
Wasa-B - He was still backing up and trying to find his opening against a bigger and aggressive guy. People just focus too much on finishes and still do not appreciate nuance in this sport. Ben would have gotten the RNC in R3 imo without the gloves and the way people hold onto them when they have their back taken.
I agree dude. Some are acting like he's never been in an exciting fight before. He landed probably the same amount of strikes he landed in previous fights.

It just was more impressive because he got the finish and he was fighting up in weight. Phone Post 3.0

He was actually landing more on Cowboy imo, bigger shots anyhow but people just blow their wads on finishes. Yeah, of course finishes are great, esp ones like this but Bendo was throwing those stepping in body shots he's done in every single one of his fights. He was still fighting smart and picking his spots.

Lets not forget he finished Khabilov and he showed some of his best striking vs Cowboy recently but it had to take this for people to come out the woodwork. Better late than never? I dunno, isnt this shit superficial?

Wasa-B -
MasterofMartialArts - 

He was actually landing more on Cowboy imo, bigger shots anyhow but people just blow their wads on finishes. Yeah, of course finishes are great, esp ones like this but Bendo was throwing those stepping in body shots he's done in every single one of his fights. He was still fighting smart and picking his spots.

Lets not forget he finished Khabilov and he showed some of his best striking vs Cowboy recently but it had to take this for people to come out the woodwork. Better late than never? I dunno, isnt this shit superficial?
You know I've been on that train wasa Phone Post 3.0

not talking about you of course man but this epic johnny come lately shit is pissing me off

lockon - People can talk all the shit they want about him or his style. The guy was an ACTIVE champion who always showed up and fought the who's who of lightweights. Now he moves up a weight class and chokes out a guy with a significant size advantage, only to call out Rory fucking MacDonald afterward.

For what it's worth, I think that fight would end horrendously for him. But he's certainly an all time favorite of mine.
Right on target. Phone Post 3.0

Wasa-B -
MasterofMartialArts - 

Exactly dude. Me and you have been agreeing and defending Benson on here since he came into the UFC. He looked great against Cowboy, and I didn't think the fight was that close.

He even hurt him with that high kick, and I was so mad when he didn't realize Cowboy was actually rocked. He could have finished him. His punching technique has improved, and he's really been mixing it up to the body/thigh/head more.

Also seems like he's throwing with more power. He's been looking great. The Cowboy loss stifled his rhythm after he thought he sealed the win. I'm so happy for the guy after tonight. Phone Post 3.0

Wasa-B - not talking about you of course man but this epic johnny come lately shit is pissing me off
I know I'm saying you know there are some band wagoners. We're the original benson fans Phone Post 3.0