Best BJJ Schools in NOrthen New Jersey

Hey my buddy is looking to get into BJJ.

He lives in North Jersey and looking to train.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

http://www.edsoncarvalho.com/

BAM!

Thats where i would train if I were in NJ, He's a judo guy and an old school BJJ guy under Carlson I think.

YouTube him

http://www.mbjj.com

Mike Mrkulic BJJ Academy in Montclair

His grappling resume is insane (can check out them out on that website) and includes being an ADCC 2003 competitor and Mundials medalist.

Very chill yet competitive environment - hope you can check us out!

Ricardo Almeida's in Hamilton.

bonez05 - http://www.edsoncarvalho.com/

BAM!

Thats where i would train if I were in NJ, He's a judo guy and an old school BJJ guy under Carlson I think.

YouTube him

I am one of the main instructors here. It is a great school but I am biased. Def stop by, my name is Tony..tall thin BB

Northern NJ is a great area for BJJ and you cant go wrong..Mike Mkrulic, Lou Vintaloro, Dave Adiv, Chris Savarese etc etc

Just a matter of what school fits your personality and schedule

www.armlock.com

Lou Vintaloro's place is great!

Not sure where you mean Northern NJ, but if you are north west near PA, then I would recommend at least taking a look at RGDA HQ with Prof. Adiv.

www.gracienewjersey.com

Just like snakepitz said above..

north jersey is filled with alot of schools, just take your time going around to check them out. If you dont feel comfrotable no matter how good the school is you wont show up.

www.njbjj.com

savarese jiu jitsu located in lyndhurst NJ

where is your from located in north jersey that will help out your search as north jersey is pretty large place..

There are a couple of good schools in Northern NJ. Depending on where your buddy lives, the 2 most important factors in choosing a school are (1) instruction and (2) school atmosphere. Your friend should visit the schools he is considering for a good fit.

I am a Renzo Gracie Black Belt (one of his original U.S. students, and still training at Renzo's main NYC academy on a regular basis). My school is in Lodi, NJ (border of Bergen & Passaic counties). If your friend wants to check us out, the web site has my credentials, schedule, location etc.
Karl Pravec
www.SilverFoxBJJ.com

HoldYerGround - Ricardo Almeida's in Hamilton.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTT

Hamilton is so far south I need a passport to get there lol

Lou Vintaloro's place is my suggestion. It really depends where though.

Is your friend in bergen county? Is he out west?

Out west I would say go to Dave Adiv's place.

Bergen county, go to Lou's.

Depends where, North Jersey is loaded with good Bjj schools. Josef manuel is a Robson maura BB and he's up north. All depends on where

www.amafightclub.com

Awesome school  

snakepitz - 
bonez05 - http://www.edsoncarvalho.com/

BAM!

YouTube him

I am one of the main instructors here. It is a great school but I am biased. Def stop by, my name is Tony..tall thin BB

Northern NJ is a great area for BJJ and you cant go wrong..Mike Mkrulic, Lou Vintaloro, Dave Adiv, Lou Savarese etc etc

Just a matter of what school fits your personality and schedule

David Adiv is no longer in North Jersey, he relocated to west jersey, Lebanon.
All the schools mentioned are legit, however because I am biased also I will recommend Louis Vintaloro, www.armlock.com
At any given day you'll have the chance to train with 4 or 5 Black belts, 5 to 10 browns, and so on and so forth!
Good luck!

ACjitsu -  Depends where, North Jersey is loaded with good Bjj schools. Josef manuel is a Robson maura BB and he's up north. All depends on where

Wasn't Josef originally with the RGDA?

JerseyJoeJitsu - Lou Vintaloro's place is my suggestion. It really depends where though.

Is your friend in bergen county? Is he out west?

Out west I would say go to Dave Adiv's place.

Bergen county, go to Lou's.

WTF do you know dude! You're just some lowly blue belt at a hack school in south jersey!

The term northern NJ is subjective and its too broad an area to say go here unless you give us a town where your friend is at.

Google a map of NJ and find Route 78... anything above that starts turning in to "north" NJ...and its still a big area to cover.

Off the top of my head.

Performance BJJ (where i train)- Lou Vintaloro - Royler Black Belt - Fairlawn

Edson Carvalho - Patterson - Carlson Black Belt

David Adiv - Royler black belt - Lebanon (along rt 78 towards the western end of NJ)

Karl Pravek - Silverfox jj - Renzo black belt - Lodi

Mike Mrkulic - Royler/Vintaloro - black belt - Monclair/Bloomfield?

Tyrone Elijah - Royler/Vintaloro - black belt - Union

Jay Hayes - Lloyd Irvin - black belt - hoboken

Jamie Cruz/AMA fight club - Renzo - black belt - Whippany

George Sernack - Renzo - black belt - denville

Macaco - Gold team? - black belt - caldwell?

Alan Teo/Jamal Paterson - black belts - fairfield?

Chris Savarese - NJ BJJ- Royler black belt - Lyndhurst

Josef Manuel - Robson Moura - Black belt - Harrison?

Johny Guerrero - black belt - verona

There are more..but its all i can think of now.

HoldYerGround - Ricardo Almeida's in Hamilton.

maps.google.com is not your friend.

Where is your friend looking to train? If it is north east NJ then I would recommend Silverfoxbjj.com in Lodi. Great instruction and competitors.

Stay away from armlock.com as the school was good 2+ years ago and is now run strictly as a business...know people who are waiting for their one year contract to end to leave.

My advice is to check out several places but just remember BJJ is Karate 15-20 years ago where there were a few schools around and with it's popularity there is a school in almost every town.

Po911 - Stay away from armlock.com as the school was good 2+ years ago and is now run strictly as a business...know people who are waiting for their one year contract to end to leave.

Wow...I cant believe anyone would say this about Performance BJJ. I am going to step up and defend Lou, because although this jackass didnt say Lou's name, he is directly attacking his character, suggesting that he has lost his way over the past two years. I can only assume that this idiots friend probably were flaky with their training and that Lou is having them honor their agreement. There is no way anyone who attends class there can suggest that it is mcdojo. Louis is a very technical instructor, he makes guys train forever to get their belts, and you have to roll hard in every class! Anyone who knows Lou knows that the one thing he cares about more than anything else in the world other than his daughter is the quality of his students and his teaching.He has trained with the best in the world, and has high level BJJ guys come to the school all the time. He has produced MANY quality Black Belts AND CONTINUES TO DO SO. UNless of course you can name someone who has gotten their BB in the past 2 years that hasnt deserved it? if so, I would LOVE to hear who....