Best book about MMA?

What's the best book about the sport and history?

I really liked No Holds Barred, but I've seen a lot of peeps on here talk bad about it.

A Fighters Heart, though, is my favorite. Phone Post

How out of date are those books?

A Fighter's Heart is about just that, and as such, it is timeless.

I would love some good suggestions.

TTT Phone Post

Raw Combat: The Underground World of Mixed Martial Arts by the UG's own SiouxNYC... Also a fighter's heart was awesome too

ttt

No Holds Barred is the best book on the history of the UFC and MMA from inception to about 2005.

A fighter's heart is the best book written by someone who enters the world of mma and moves from camp to camp. Came out around 07 or so, before the camps were big and GSP was the only guy who moved his training from one place to another.

I'd recommend American Shaolin, NY Times best seller by UG member Matt Polley. It's a coming of age story about a young man (the author himself) who travels to China in the 80s (I think) to train with Shaolin monks. Not a mma book per se (more Kung fu), but one of the best books ever written on any subject, without a doubt. Phone Post

Sam Sheridan, author of A Fighters Heart, is also a forum member. Phone Post

The Fighter's Mind was also an excellent book.

UGCTT_Messiah - The Fighter's Mind was also an excellent book.

Haven't had a chance to read that one yet Phone Post

garrote -

He goes to some different camps. It's very similar to Heart and a really good book as well. Do you know what Sheridan's SN is? Phone Post

Alpha World Peace -
garrote -

He goes to some different camps. It's very similar to Heart and a really good book as well. Do you know what Sheridan's SN is? Phone Post

Yeah, it's Sam Sheridan. Phone Post