Best ever runs at LW?

Wasa-B - What about Gomi? Sakurai, Goni, Sato, Pulver, Mishima, Bang, Azeredo, Aurelio, Ishida, Ralph

You are mixing his "before losing to Hansen and Penn" wins with his "after" wins. Also counting "after" losing to Aurelio. In these runs I think we are just talking undefeated steaks at LW.

But yeah Gomi's 10-0 run after losing to Penn when he beat Sakurai, Kawajiri, Azeredo 2x, Pulver, Ralf Gracie, etc... is for sure one of the top 10 runs in LW history.

BJ Penn Forever -

If Gaethje can upset Khabib, I think that puts him at #1 most impressive run at LW even if its a short five fight run....

Lets look at who was included in the run

A KO of Vick who was 9-1 in his last ten UFC fights and coming off a win over Trinaldo.

A KO over the always lethal Barboza who was coming off a KO of Hooker.

A KO of Cowboy who had just beat Hernandez and Iaquinta before losing to Tony.

A TKO of 12-0 Tony after a dominant and brilliant performance.

A win over the 12-0 UFC champ Khabib.

Its a short run but man.... anybody that can come in a beat Tony and Khabib back to back after they just went 24-0 in the UFC.... that would put Justin's run as the best run in my eyes.

Maybe its recency bias but I don't know.

And if he loses then does that solidify Khabib;s run as being the best?

khabib and tony, easy

Calhoon - 
BJ Penn Forever -

If Gaethje can upset Khabib, I think that puts him at #1 most impressive run at LW even if its a short five fight run....

A KO of Vick who was 9-1 in his last ten UFC fights and coming off a win over Trinaldo.

Its a short run but man.... anybody that can come in a beat Tony and Khabib back to back after they just went 24-0 in the UFC.... that would put Justin's run as the best run in my eyes.

I think so.

He will have beaten RDA, Porrier, Conor, and Justin and never have lost.

In Cowboy's 8-0 run leading up to his title fight he beat Dunham, Martins, Barboza, Miller, Alvarez, Jury, Benson, and Makdessi.

I'd have to consider that a top 10 run too.

I'll try to list the top ten runs, nobody will agree with the order of the list. Edit after doing it I think Poirier has to move up because of strength of wins. Gaethje has to move down a litte because of low number of wins. Its easy to say these are top ten runs (and I'm sure I'm missing some great runs) but its hard to rank them against one another.

Best runs...

1. Khabib 12-0, Conor, Poirier, Iaquinta, RDA, Johnson

2. Tony 12-0, big wins- Cowboy, Pettis, RDA, Lee, Barboza, Thompson, Tibau

3. Penn- 9-0-1d, big wins- Serra, Gomi, Ludwig, Pulver, Sherk, Florian, Sanchez

4. Gaethje 4-0, big wins- Tony, Cowboy, Vick, Barboza

5. Frankie 6-0-1d, big wins- Penn 2x, Sherk, Franca, Maynard

6. Cowboy 8-0, big wins- Benson, Alvarez, Barboza, Miller

7. Benson 7-0 big wins- Edgar 2x, Diaz, Melendez

8. Gomi 10-0, big wins- Sakurai, Kawajiri, Azeredo

9. Miller 7-0, big wins Tibau, Oliveira, Ludwig

10 Poirier 5-0-0-1nc big wins- Max, Gaethje, Alvarez, Pettis

Calhoon -
BJ Penn Forever -

I'd say so, even if its short at 5-0, its a motherfucker.

I think the answer is Khabib wether he wins or loses. His run overall would still be better than Geathje's depending on how dominant his win over Khabib was. But I don't think Khabib will lose to Geathje anyway so it won't matter.  

Khabib is simply the best there is right now and imo the best there ever has been at 155. It's not just his run that is impressive, it is how dominant he has been in every fight during that run. It is a Fedor like run at 155 in the modern era.

BJ Penn Forever - 

In Cowboy's 8-0 run leading up to his title fight he beat Dunham, Martins, Barboza, Miller, Alvarez, Jury, Benson, and Makdessi.

I'd have to consider that a top 10 run too.

I'll try to list the top ten runs, nobody will agree with the order of the list. Edit after doing it I think Poirier has to move up because of strength of wins. Gaethje has to move down a litte because of low number of wins. Its easy to say these are top ten runs (and I'm sure I'm missing some great runs) but its hard to rank them against one another.

Best runs...

1. Khabib 12-0, Conor, Poirier, Iaquinta, RDA, Johnson

2. Tony 12-0, big wins- Cowboy, Pettis, RDA, Lee, Barboza, Thompson, Tibau

3. Penn- 9-0-1d, big wins- Serra, Gomi, Ludwig, Pulver, Sherk, Florian, Sanchez

4. Gaethje 4-0, big wins- Tony, Cowboy, Vick, Barboza

5. Frankie 6-0-1d, big wins- Penn 2x, Sherk, Franca, Maynard

6. Cowboy 8-0, big wins- Benson, Alvarez, Barboza, Miller

7. Benson 7-0 big wins- Edgar 2x, Diaz, Melendez

8. Gomi 10-0, big wins- Sakurai, Kawajiri, Azeredo

9. Miller 7-0, big wins Tibau, Oliveira, Ludwig

10 Poirier 5-0-0-1nc big wins- Max, Gaethje, Alvarez, Pettis

You don’t include Showtime or RDA?

Pettis' run was 5-0 and included Stephens, Lauzon, Cowboy, Benson, and Melendez.

RDA's run was 5-0 and included Cowboy, Pettis, Diaz, Henderson and High.

Now if RDA had beat Khabib he would have an 11-0 run that included those guys plus Khabib, Cowboy again, Dunham, etc... that whole 10-1 streth for RDA was real impressive.

Now that you mention it, I'd replace Miller with RDA but I'm not sure who else I'd kick off the list to make room Pettis. I kind see Poirier run as even more impressive.

Who else would kick off to make Pettis an top 10 instead of honorable mention, Cowboy or Gomi?

Its a hard thing, to rank all these great runs.

BJ Penn Forever -

Pettis' run was 5-0 and included Stephens, Lauzon, Cowboy, Benson, and Melendez.

RDA's run was 5-0 and included Cowboy, Pettis, Diaz, Henderson and High.

Now if RDA had beat Khabib he would have an 11-0 run that included those guys plus Khabib, Cowboy again, Dunham, etc... that whole 10-1 streth for RDA was real impressive.

Now that you mention it, I'd replace Miller with RDA but I'm not sure who else I'd kick off the list to make room Pettis. I kind see Poirier run as even more impressive.

Who else would kick off to make Pettis an top 10 instead of honorable mention, Cowboy or Gomi?

Its a hard thing, to rank all these great runs.

Gomi fucking smashed chute box, prime kawajiri, made quick work of ishida, kod mishima, mach, he beat all the top dogs in japan before one of the worst fall offs in history. How long did that streak last between orgs? That bj fight in the middle really fucked it up.