Best fighter to never win any major organization belt?

People often talk about overrem and dan henderson as one of the greatest fighters to ever be in the ufc to never reach gold, but they were champions at pride and strikeforce so its not like they were never champions in a famous mma promotion.

Who is the best fighter who never won anything?

3 Likes

Cowboy?

7 Likes

Mirko?

13 Likes

Jim Miller
Tyson Griffin
Joseph Benavidez

3 Likes

Open Weight GP Champ

That’s better than being a UFC HW champ in any era.

12 Likes

The current answer is Masvidal

2 Likes

Pedro Rizzo

He really deserved to win the UFC HW Championship against Randy the 1st time they fought too. Judges made the wrong call that night.

15 Likes

Damn! Hoped you’d worded it - to never be a champ. “You’re never a champion until you’ve defended the belt” I love that old saying, a lot of people can rise to that one off night, but it takes a champion to stay there.

That said, Gustafsson? Even if he arguably did win against Jones :rofl::joy:

3 Likes

This is some bullshit with me not having any more likes it said eight hours ago and that was 12 hours ago oh, I’ve given maybe three likes and now I don’t have any more for 3 hours. Fuckin booty chowder!

5 Likes

I got u bro, Voted him up @HYBRID_JON

2 Likes

rizzotkosshamrock

3 Likes

LQIpCWW

3 Likes

tumblr_mcf5l3ZiRP1ry1rm7o1_250

2 Likes

rizzo_display_image_original

2 Likes

:+1::+1::+1: Gracias homie!

Cowboy for sure. Had the tools and talent, but for some reason didnt show up for the big fights.

It wasnt like he played his game and lost, either.

Cowboy is one of those guys you could tell if he was going to lose as soon as the light hit him on the walk out or when his name was called.

There is almost nobody he couldn’t beat on his best nights… and the Cowboy that beat Rick might beat any LW champ ever.

When he was ON he was fucking fiece with great muay thai, bjj, wrestling.

Always be a fucking legend tho, always!

7 Likes

Had the privliedge of holding the kick shield for Pedro in the locker room back at UFC 30 against Josh Barnett. I had 32 inch thighs at the time and that video really does depict what happens when Pedro kicks a guy thats not 300 pounds…

6 Likes

Faber?

4 Likes

If you don’t consider the WEC a major organization, I guess.

4 Likes

Well Henderson was pride and strike force champion.
Overseen is K1 champ…

4 Likes