Best guard pass for white belt?

My cousin is starting BJJ and had asked me to just show some a few basics. I was thinking of just going over a guard pass.

I was thinking : stack pass or knee slide. Any other suggestions? Phone Post 3.0

Standing guard pass from closed guard where u grab sleeve and lapel. Teaches u all the stuff that u will use forever all in one move....how to stand, base, grips, opening hips, posture. Doing 20 of those is a good workout too.

Triple_B -

Standing guard pass from closed guard where u grab sleeve and lapel. Teaches u all the stuff that u will use forever all in one move....how to stand, base, grips, opening hips, posture. Doing 20 of those is a good workout too.

More detials? Not sure I understand Phone Post 3.0

I like teaching the traditional arm in under leg pass to white belts because (and Im not srue that TB and I arent talking about the same thing here) it shows the importance of opening guard, the principle of not having one arm in/one out (triangle risk), stacking, and bringing your hips forward to place weight into the opponent.  

In practice, torreando is a pretty good pass that white belts can functionalize early on.  

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iSFdAn2j5tM

thats one example just search standing closed guard pass this is what will come up or some variation......

GaspareBJJ -
Triple_B -

More detials? Not sure I understand Phone Post 3.0
How to stand up from full guard

Then break guard, and go for torreano pass Phone Post 3.0

The basic standing guard pass
Good example here https://youtu.be/IFrmMxHB_rI
Roger Gracie uses it all the time, simple and methodical
Perfect for white belts as it also introduces so many concepts.

Double under Phone Post 3.0

the one where you jump up from your knees and just run around the guys legs to north south. white belts love that shit

these 2 passes by perry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdVSC-VCyik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waBnLH2FyEU

Knee Slice, X Pass, Stack Pass

Triple_B -

That's my go to guard opening technique. Sometimes people waiter sweep me from there what do you do to stop that? Phone Post 3.0

BigEyedFish -

I like teaching the traditional arm in under leg pass to white belts because (and Im not srue that TB and I arent talking about the same thing here) it shows the importance of opening guard, the principle of not having one arm in/one out (triangle risk), stacking, and bringing your hips forward to place weight into the opponent.  

In practice, torreando is a pretty good pass that white belts can functionalize early on.  

Gracie Gift Pass? If so then yes. This is the only one my instructor let me do before blue. At brown belt this is still my go to closed guard pass from the knees.

Maybe the bullfighter pass since its quite simple. There is a video of Xande teaching it on YouTube and he does a good job.

chandler2911 - 
Triple_B -

That's my go to guard opening technique. Sometimes people waiter sweep me from there what do you do to stop that? Phone Post 3.0

Turn your knee (side he is underhooking) in across your body and drop your weight towards his chest.

ubik -
chandler2911 - 
Triple_B -

Turn your knee (side he is underhooking) in across your body and drop your weight towards his chest.
Cheers Phone Post 3.0

Knee slice, knee slice, knee slice!

First one I learned (one of anyway) and still use it 90% of the time. Phone Post 3.0

I like to teach white belts passes from 3 different postures
~Standing Open Guard- Leg Drag/Bullfight
~Sitting on one of opponents feet (Headquarters)- cross knee/ X pass
~ On both knees- Double unders Phone Post 3.0

Headquarters is how I learned to pass Phone Post 3.0

I'm cutting through guards, like butter with a sharper knife Phone Post 3.0