Best gym in Canada??

Almost everyone will just say their own gym, since people are proud and also probably wouldn't train at a place they thought wasn't the best (for them).

The only imperical measure of "best" is probably "most successful", and there are a small set of gyms in Canada which have produced more than a few world class competitors (in MMA, BJJ, etc.) (Single successes can be fluke athletes, mant successes over time shows great training).

I train at Kombat Arts and I know Mark Bocek and Claude Patrick train there on a regular basis!

There are also a lot of up and comers that I have a feeling one day you will hear of that train out of there.

there is loads of talent in Canada!

I think we can all agree -- the real question is: where's the best place to train in Ottawa?

:)

lol how can you insult blake for winning his last fight? and yes starnes and gill both lost but lost against world class fighters and gill had uno in major trouble in that fight.

the dude he fought was tough, he just used the wrong gameplan against blake IMO. if he hadn't taken it to the ground you might not be calling him a chump. anyway its beside the point, revolution has a lot of guys that are doing well. they went 6-0 that night in various events around the country.

Tristar # 1 .. GSP , Loiseau , Menjivar , Vigneault brothers , Goulet etc ...

RONIN MMA in ottawa!!!!!

location is a huge factor for most people. and for this reason i don't think most people would say that where they train is the best.

There are a lot of excellent fighters in Canada representing many gyms. Of those Revolution, Tristar and Tompkins have the most fighters that are fighting in many big shows. That's why I think these 3 gyms are considered the best in Canada.

I personally am very impressed with team Tompkins
( Hominik vs Yves, stout vs fisher) and tristar.

That's why I wrote: the best (for them)

Location, personality (some teachers just don't mesh with some students), schedule, and many other factors are considerations.

I thought this thread was about the best gym in canada, not your favourite gym or the gym u train at...

I like this thread...I hope it lives for a while...I think u guys overlooked BTT... also...what about Joslin's...? Oh ay there is Gladiators in Kingston...

Next Generation Vancouver BC.

what would be the best in edmonton? i plan on relocating there.

Canadian MartialArts Center in Lethbridge Alberta.(yeah its where I train). We have alot of talent to train with and with over 110 fights last year alot of ring experience to go with it. Lots of mat space, cage to train in, weights, suana, all contribute to it being a great gym. Plus Lee Mein is an awesome trainer. He is always learning and trying to make the whole team better. Look for lots of up and comers coming out of Lethbridge.

Jay needs a green name.

I'm on it.

If you rate gyms by results, the only gyms u can consider are Tompkins, Tristar, and maybe BTT Canada.

Some great gym's there but I see some good talent comming out of Joslin's also

Well, if you rate gyms by results, according to Sherdog's database Toshido Fighting Arts has the highest winning % rate in the world, just above Jackson's Submission Fighting.

I think "Best Gym in Canada" is highly debatable, as there are a number of gyms doing great things nationally and internationally.