Best Of Bam Bam

UFC President Dana White has spoken about what a victory over Ciryl Gane in Paris this weekend would do for the surging Tai Tuivasa.

Entering 2020, Tuivasa was towards the bottom of the ladder having lost three straight fights inside the Octagon, with Junior dos Santos and Sergey Spivak finishing him inside the distance, and Blagoy Ivanov outpointing him.

But after a year away from action, ā€œBam Bamā€ returned revitalized and ready to begin a journey that now has him one step from the top.

After rebounding by knocking Stefan Struve out on Fight Island, the Australian powerhouse carried that form into 2021, stopping Harry Hunsucker, Greg Hardy, and Augusto Sakai for a four-fight win streak, whilst also enhancing his reputation as an always-entertaining figure through his memorable walkouts and cage-wall shoeys.

After passing the test presented by Derrick Lewis earlier this year, flatlining ā€œThe Black Beastā€ with a vicious elbow at UFC 271, Tuivasa has been paired with a former interim titleholder and the current #1-ranked contender.
As he prepares to throw down in enemy territory for what will be the UFCā€™s first-ever event in France, Tuivasa is getting set for an opportunity to move a sizeable step closer to a previously unlikely title challenge ā€” something that was recently acknowledged by the promotional chief.

White Outlines Whatā€™s At Stake For Tuivasa

Speaking to the press at the conclusion of this weekā€™s episode of Dana Whiteā€™s Contender Series, the UFC president was asked whether this weekendā€™s Paris-held headliner could be considered a title eliminator.

The championship picture is somewhat unclear at heavyweight, largely due to Francis Ngannouā€˜s absence through injury and contractual status, as well as the apparent incoming arrival of Jon Jones.

With that in mind, White was hesitant to make any confirmation or lean towards too many outcomes. However, he did note that with a victory in the French capital, Tuivasa will be next in line.

ā€œYeah, I mean, thatā€™s how it works. If Tai wins, obviously heā€™s next in line,ā€ White said. ā€œAnd the Ciryl fight (versus Ngannou at UFC 270) was close. I donā€™t make the fight before the fight, anything is possible. But we donā€™t know how any of this is gonna play out because the heavyweight champ is still hurt anyway. But whoever wins on Saturday is right there.ā€

Tuivasa will certainly have his work cut out in achieving that feat. If thereā€™s one man whoā€™s shown an innate ability in avoiding the great heavyweight equalizer that is power, itā€™s ā€œBon Gamin.ā€

But if ā€œBam Bamā€ has taught the MMA community anything throughout his ongoing run of form, itā€™s that his fists can never be counted out ā€” and that a can of beer and trainer will be close by.

1 Like

Although Tuivasa is a massive underdog and many are ruling him out due to Ganeā€™s skills, the Aussie believes he has yet to show his complete himself. With that, he is confident he will silence the home crowd and get his hand raised.

ā€œHis speed, his athleticism, the way he moves [are what makes him so difficult],ā€ Tuivasa said. ā€œI think itā€™s all obvious. We know what heā€™s good at. And Iā€™m sure he knows what Iā€™m good at. But I think what Iā€™m good at is not known until itā€™s known, if that makes senseā€¦ Obviously, as a fighter, you have to be wary of what the other personā€™s good at,ā€ he said. But I feel like Iā€™m underestimated a lot. And to me, I donā€™t really mind. Iā€™m not bothered about all that politics side of s**t. You know, I come in, I win, I get paid, and I go out and go party.ā€

1 Like

Thought we were talking about Pat Bam Bam Healy.
The white boy had a big ass head.

Fuck thatā€™s funny

1 Like

lmfao ^

:rofl:

1 Like

Heā€™s a Fuken character :joy::joy:

1 Like