Best Personal Training Cert for Elite Trainers?

I agree with #2. He does offer a cert but I don't know anyone who has it. He has some great stuff though.

I really don't know, but CSCS would be my first guess

Lofland - there's this cert you could get that would show everybody that you can successfully apply your book learning to an actual sport. This guy is showing the one he got.

What about Matt Hughes?

Certs can be a catch 22. You can have a guy with all the knowledge and field experience in the world and without some fancy acronym after his name no one will take him seriously.

On the same note you can have an asshat with several fancy acronyms after his name, and he'd know fuck all about training.

By and large I am against certifications with the exception of very few. The upside is that some of them offer training and instruction from great coaches.

I have a question for Wiggy, Taku, Joel and the other S&C vets on this board. Do any of you guys offer any sort of seminar or training geared towards coaches? I've been reading this board since I was 16, and many of you guys have had a very positive influence on how I train myself and others.

I always thought it would be cool to take the wandering apprentice route, travel a little bit and learn from some guys who really know their shit. Like the OP, I love to learn about this stuff and I would rather spend time and money working with those who walk the walk.

Oldboy,

I have given several seminars over the years (usually by request / invite). A couple of years ago I offered a sort of internship to folks but it never really materialized. If you would like to discuss some possible options please contact me at:

strengthonline@yahoo.com

TAKU T.N.T.

I think the question about "elite trainers" is open to interpretation. In my area, I am considered an "elite trainer" but I don't work with teams and have only trained a few individuals that competed at national or international levels. Instead, I am the "go-to" guy for clients with injuries, health conditions, and unusual performance issues.

The certs I have found most useful in my work are Circular Strength Training, Active Isolated Stretching, and Massage Therapy.

Jason Erickson
www.CSTMinnesota.com

I swear thats the Royce Gracie pic from just before the Sakuraba2 fight ....you know where he got busted for steroids with a reading that was off the scale :)

JasonE has posted above, but I agree, if its something NEW you want that the other certs won't cover then Sonnon's rmax stuff comes from a very different angle to other training philosophy.

ttt.sprout

good thread