best places to train in chicago

wayne gregory is the protoge of Api dei (op-E-Day)

Api dei is a legend in thailand as the greatest fighter who ever lived, with the most winningest record. He is also the currenty "GRAND MASTER" of the fairtex club, highly respected FIgher.

Opi dei mentored wayne gregory years ago, Wayne became the first american to fight and win at lumpinee
EVER IN HISTORY.

Wayne Fought under the Name Opie Dei Noy - meaning....
(young or little/ opi dei).

for a fighter to take his teachers name into the ring with him was the greatest honer, it was a direct representation of the legend himself.

wayne's fighting history still goes way back into his childhood where he also was childhood friends with oscar de la hoya, and stable mates thru the years.

waynes boxing ability harmonized well with his talent in thai boxing making him such a dangerous fighter.

Today he runs a gym, somwhere in chicago.

Dan lamping is one of his students.

jump across the border to Indiana, about 25-30 minute drive and check out Miguel Torres martial arts.

wayne gregory sounds like a place i need to visit.... anyone train there or know where??

That sounds awesome, I have never heard anything about his gym though. Wow.

Any link or contact info?

Although it is not necessarily Chicago proper, G2 is a stable with a slew of Studs....The Gilbert Brothers, The Guida Brothers, The Estrada Brothers, Tommy Lee, Mark Miller, Jay Buck and a pluthera of other monsters!!!!

ummm

i dunno if his website is still up

www.smoothcharecter.com

or www.waynegregory.com

isnt jeff currans school up there as well?

FLO MMA is a great school with Dino Spencer (the guy that trains UFCs Terry Martin, and was on Team Arlovski as one of the trainers, he also trains Mike Russow and Brain Gassway.) Comprido is also coming there soon (BJJ world champion pan ams champion the list keeps on going) Plus pro boxer Aushor Escho is a trainer there, it is a great place with great fighters you should try it out.

FLO MMA is a great school with Dino Spencer (the guy that trains UFCs Terry Martin, and was on Team Arlovski as one of the trainers, he also trains Mike Russow and Brain Gassway.) Comprido is also coming there soon (BJJ world champion pan ams champion the list keeps on going) Plus pro boxer Aushor Escho is a trainer there, it is a great place with great fighters you should try it out.

www.flomma.com

ttt for later.

Curran's school is in Crystal Lake which is is about 50 miles from Chicago
proper.

Gilbert Grappling (www.gilbertgrappling.com)

Windy City Boxing

Cohens Judo (www.cohensjudo.com)

one week to go,, can't get in contact with tony cecchine.. shame, any last thoughts or places over there guys.. i am pumped to train every day.

ttt

ttt

Chicago is an awesome city

Team Dino Costeas is a fantastic place for BJJ and MMA in the city