"Best tournament in the history of the sport.....

lol @ the 'its not a tournament' guys, you are truely clowns

Its a tournament, it has brackets, if you win you go on, its a fairly simple concept

this must be the new talking point that has been released

These days fighting twice in a day is not practical nor smart. I'd rather see these guys fight one at a time at full strength. Go fuck yourself that this is not a tourney. I've seen plenty of "tournaments" in various sports set up like this. Phone Post

even with Zuffa biased rankings, 4 of the 8 are top 10, and before the positive test Barnett was number 2, he is easily a legit top 10 talent, I dont think anyone can say different

throw in Sergei, AA and Rogers and this is 1 of th best touraments ever

I think they should have not put Rogers in it and replaced him with SDR and than matched him up with AA, Barnett against Sergei, Rogers doesnt really belong in this thing, at least AA has had past success and is very talented

My god these crybabies. Phone Post

The 2nd Ultimate Ultimate

Don Frye Gary Goodridge Submission (Fatigue) 1 11:19

David Abbott Cal Worsham Submission (Punches) 1 2:51

Kimo Leopoldo Paul Varelans TKO (Corner Stoppage) 1 9:08

Ken Shamrock Brian Johnston Submission (Forearm Choke) 1 5:48

Don Frye Mark Hall Submission (Achilles Lock) 1 0:20

David Abbott Steve Nelmark KO (Punch) 1 1:03

Don Frye David Abbott Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) 1 1:22

cant wait to see how this all unfolds.

this GP is sick, every match up is great and they make perfect sense. werdum v overeem for the title is the only choice...fedor v bigfoot for #1 contender....the bottom side are all top guys that need a few wins to earn a title fight i just pray fedor shows up in shape

I completely agree. For an 8 man tournament it's incredible. Phone Post

CLINTK9 - 
liquidrob - even with Zuffa biased rankings, 4 of the 8 are top 10, and before the positive test Barnett was number 2, he is easily a legit top 10 talent, I dont think anyone can say different

throw in Sergei, AA and Rogers and this is 1 of th best touraments ever

I think they should have not put Rogers in it and replaced him with SDR and than matched him up with AA, Barnett against Sergei, Rogers doesnt really belong in this thing, at least AA has had past success and is very talented

I disagree! Rogers Belongs & Deserves this chance! He had 2 of the toughest 2 fights in row anyone could ask for. And He's Exciting. I'm VERY Glad he's in it & hope he KO's Barnett! AA had past success, But was KO'd QUICKLY by Rogers! No, this is the Best 8 SF could do, & I for one, am Stoked about it!

I am pumped also, just what I would like to see, should be at least 1 of there prospects like SDR, Cormier or Johnson

Rogers needs to regroup, guy fought AA/Fedor/The Reem and now Barnett in a row, thats just to much for someone like him, to much, to soon

Anyway, this is an awesome tournament

TheMessiah - 
JM2010 - Pride GP 2003 equals SF GP 2011
Wanderlei Silva = Fedor Emalinenenko
Kazushi Sakuraba = Sergei Kharitonov
Quinton Jackson = Alistair Overeem
Chuck Liddell = Josh Barnett
Alistair Overeem = Big Foot Silva
Murilo Bustamante = Fabiricio Werdum
Hidehiko Yoshida = Andrei Arlovski
Kiyoshi Tamura = Brett Rogers

I'd say it's equal to if not better than Pride GP 2003....

If anyone remembers correctly Liddell knocked out Overeem in the Pride GP.. And it was nice!

You are correct. But that Overeem was a shell of his future self.

...haven't read the whole thread,but...King of Kings 1999 and 2000 have to be at the top of lists of tournys with Pride.

...IFC 2003 one night tourny in Denver is IMO the best one night tourny I can remember.

Yoshida was legit at 205.  Saying otherwise makes you an idiot.