Best way to train your chin?

Phone Post

Subd Phone Post

Sliced - My friends coming over tomorrow and he's gonna put on some of the heavy 16 oz gloves and jab me in the chin for about twenty minutes. Thanks man! Do you think three times of that a week would be enough? I'll make sure I clench my jaw.

Have your friend tug on your penis, too. That will condition you for unintentional groin shots.

ttt for Kirik's advice.

Beard! Phone Post

Subbed Phone Post

I chew packs of Big League Chew at once followed by bareknuckle shots to the face.

I looked like Rocky Dennis after my first week of training but ice is free and your bones toughen up real good and stuff. Phone Post

frederic - This is up there with the conditioning the shins myth. The way to condition the shins is to feather the kicks where they'll be blocked/checked especially shin-on-shin, and go to town on the softer targets.

I've never heard of Thai fighters kicking palm trees.

One thing that taking punches teaches you at first is to not look away. Looking away takes you out of the fight, and the punch that you don't see is the one that'll take you out. Not being afraid of being hit is key; not getting hit is more key, but that takes more skill.
^ This.

Train to keep your eyes open.  The punch of the kicks that your don't see are the ones that hurt you the most.

It sucks cause I don't know ANYONE that likes to get punched in the face, but the more exchanges you get into, the easier it is to stay in the pocked ant keep your head on a swivel.

IMHO.

sliceds chin -  totaly worth making this account and buying a blue name to speed up making the account $40 well spent
I feel honored, fren. Phone Post

Sliced -
frederic - 1. Learn to tuck chin and not leave it out.
2. Clench jaw. A lose jaw will be more prone to KOs.
3. Neck strengthening. Don't overdo it and strain your neck, but there are shrugs, head-weight-rig exercises (see Thai/boxing catalogs), etc.
4. See the punch coming or don't get hit at all by blocking better and/or bobbing, weaving, dodging.

Worst thing to do is condition your chin by getting KO'd. Seems that getting KO'd only makes you more susceptible.
Cool. So it seems like I'd have a much higher chance of getting KO'd with the hard shots version, so I'll do those four things plus the repeated weaker shots. My friends coming over tomorrow and he's gonna put on some of the heavy 16 oz gloves and jab me in the chin for about twenty minutes. Thanks man! Do you think three times of that a week would be enough? I'll make sure I clench my jaw.

This stinks of trollol! Phone Post

GARRYD - The old school boxing trainers tell you to chew gum.

GARRYD - The old school boxing trainers tell you to chew gum.

Hell Yeah, throw a wad of gum in your mouth. Alot of it.