Better fighter/résumé at LW- Charles or Dustin?

That’s called cherry picking, not comparing a full body of work. Your thread title should have just said “Who won the Poirier vs Oliveira fight?”

Saying he was champ, and beat 1-5 is cherry picking? Interesting lol

Yes, when your thread title is “who has the better resume” it’s cherry picking.

You’re clearly negating Dustin’s accomplishments and not looking at the whole picture.

Nah, Im just stating a fact. Charles beat 3 guys in a row ranked in the top 5. Thats murders row and one of those fights was for the belt, the other is against Dustin

1 Like

That’s not a resume. Clearly you need to change your thread title. You’re confused again.

Notice I used “top” and not “best”.

That was intentional. By definition, the champ of a division is the top guy. He literally is atop the rankings.

Is the champion always the best guy? You can make the argument that he isn’t in certain cases. But for the most part the champ is considered the best in the division.

Khabib retired and doesn’t fight anymore so he can’t be used to diminish Charles’ title; he beat who was put in front of him to win the belt.

2 Likes

No thanks, Im just having a conversation on a MMA forum on the internet, its not that serious lol

2 Likes

By definition almost all titles are “vacated” one point in time or another.

GSP left WW and MW, JBJ left LHW, Khabib LW etc

1 Like

Pretty simple really…

2 Likes

One wonders, how old does Khabib have to be (or, better yet, how much does he have to weigh?) before we can start having “legitimate” lightweight champions again?

Islam is the legit champ, just as charles was. Just as the guys who followed GSP and JJ were.

2 Likes

I think people just try to create their own narrative, so their point looks better. For example, the weight bully thing drives me nuts. Did the guy come in at the appropriate weight limit? If yes, stop complaining lol

1 Like

So by pointing out that it was only Chandler’s second fight in the UFC, you think that somehow diminishes Charles’ win?

Chandler isn’t the only one to have received a title shot in his second UFC fight.

ufc 208 GIF

3 Likes

So a resume comparison all boils down to 2 fights? Lol.

Energy Drink Rampage GIF by United Fight League

2 Likes

Now compare what Anderson did after his title fight compared to what Chandler did.

It is what it is

1 Like

Energy Drink Rampage GIF by United Fight League

I dare anyone to show me a 9 fight streak of killers on ANYONE’s LW resume that tops this, including Oliveira’s. And of course he won them all excluding the obvious one and the Alvarez NC.

Anyone that disputes this in reference to OVERALL RESUMES needs their mental health evaluated, or are just simply Dustin haters lol. Despite not winning a “real belt” yet, his actual resume is unmatched in terms of difficulty.

giphy

Have i boiled it down to two fights?

My previous points were that Charles was the lightweight champ and that he’s 1-0 vs Dustin.

I’ll add these from Charles’ resume:

Per Wikipedia, Charles has the most submission wins in UFC history, the most finishes in UFC history and the most bonuses in UFC history.

I can count those as part of his resume, right?

1 Like

Of course you can, now add the rest… (the negatives).