Better for Diaz to lose to Conor?

If Diaz loses an exciting fight, he's likely to get a 3rd PPV headliner against Conor that'll pay him a ton. If he beats Conor, what's next? Do they give him a PPV headliner against the champ at 155? Even if they do, it won't sell nearly as well as the Conor fights, and he'll make less $.

There's always the hope that a win over Conor gets him a fight with GSP, but outside of that, if his goal is to make the most $ possible, I have to think losing to Conor is going to allow him to do that.

We saw it happen with Nick..he made big $ to fight GSP and had no interest in fighting unless he made the same $ or more for his next fight. If Conor is the big money fight, there isn't a fight at 155 that'll allow him to make that kind of money. It's entirely possible that he beats Conor, and UFC 202 is the last time we see Nate Diaz fight.

If he loses to Conor there's no rematch imo Phone Post 3.0

ximboredofyoux - If he loses to Conor there's no rematch imo Phone Post 3.0
This. Conor calls the shots. No rematch. Phone Post 3.0

I'd rather have Nate win this fight and then fight Eddie. It'd be champion (lightweight) vs champion (McGregor Weight)

fuck no, if he beats conor again he becomes more of a mega star and calls his own shots like he has been doing, if he loses its back to conor and the ufc to call the shots Phone Post 3.0

In a real sport, not WWE, it is never better to lose.

bdunning - I'd rather have Nate win this fight and then fight Eddie. It'd be champion (lightweight) vs champion (McGregor Weight)
It would be so disappointing to see Nate lose to an Eddie Alvarez that wall hugs him all night. Though if Eddie comes to fight like last night he's easily one of the most exciting fighters. It's just clear what he would do to a tall and long striker with weaker wrestling like Diaz. Phone Post 3.0

Conor probably saying he's open to a trilogy so Nate is more comfortable with the idea of losing. Conor is trying to weaken Nate's competitive mindset. Phone Post 3.0