Big John McCarthy - Salary

guys been around the best fighters in the sport for over ten years....

been making mad cash teaching officers of the LAPD and if the teaching sessions are by a privatized company he is making more than enough casd and is alo probably able to write off alot of stuff shit on his taxes if he is self employed.....

every event he refs at he gets top notch hotel rooms, service, all expenses paid by Zuffa most likely, and as other people said after partys and shit like that.

Im sure BJM is very financially well off or at least doesnt really have to worry bout it to much.

If  I recall correctly, I think ref pay is mandated/capped by the state athletic commission.

You guys also have to understand he might have just gotten 1200 for reffing. Not to mention other things like being head of referees in the UFC, etc. He probably gets other pay besides his ref pay I'm sure. And aren't judges and referees appointed by the commission, not the UFC hense Cecil Peoples and that other really bad ref from the last UFC?

$1,200 and a free trip to Vegas and 5 hours work for rules meeting and show....not bad IMHO.

That means he makes about $240 an hour, just a bit more than I make....

NFL refs don't get paid much either, for them it's something they enjoy. For BJM, it might be the same.

doesn't John go with Dana to outside states to help legalize mma? I could swear his dealt with several state's athletic/boxing commissions for Zuffa, so i'm sure he's getting paid by zuffa in some other fashion.

BJM is the man.

referee's always don't get paid anything compared to the players. look in other pro sports too.