Big moment for Barnett, perhaps his biggest?

He was Champion, then booted from the UFC and was terminally on the outs - got caught for steroids twice, closed down an entire organization and didn't seem to have any future in fighting...

The guy comes back, has a shot in one of the biggest tournaments ever, mends fences with Zuffa, may even get picked up by the UFC at some point again. If he does this right he could be a top star in the UFC again. I never really liked Barnett because I always thought he was cocky but you have to think it's cool the guy came back like this. I'd like to see him in the Heavyweight mix again, he's got more personality than 90% of the top guys and likely he would be top 3 in the UFC RIGHT NOW.

Man, I hope he doesn't mess this up, he's almost back to where he should be....YOU HEAR ME BARNETT??? DON'T SCREW THIS UP SON!!!

Honestly, I hope he loses and can't wait until we never have to see him again.  Just my .02http://www.perfect-icons.com/stock-icons/small-phone40.gif

He won't win the tournament against Overeem but I hope the UFC picks him up just to get some depth to Heavyweight in the UFC.

Pet Sounds - His biggest moment was headlining vs Fedor. And he blew it. That was a much bigger oppportunity than this SF tournament.
It was at the time, not anymore. Now people will see him on a bigger stage with Zuffa X100 since he was champion.

Its a must win but far from his biggest moment

CRBMoney14 - Its a must win but far from his biggest moment
I disagree, this is the moment to become a bigger star than he ever could've been.

ABE FROMAN - 
I disagree, this is the moment to become a bigger star than he ever could've been.

Beating Brett Rogers will make him a bigger star then winning the OWGP?

Barnett has kind of made himself irrelevant for the last 5 years. This fight is a step in the right direction but still no where near as big as the OWGP would have been. Winning the Couture fight was bigger then this as well

ABE FROMAN - He won't win the tournament against Overeem but I hope the UFC picks him up just to get some depth to Heavyweight in the UFC.

Why? Barnett is about the best stylist matchup for Overeem. A good wrestler who is hard to submit. Kind of nullifies Overeems two strengths (ie his killer striking and BJJ).

CRBMoney14 - 
ABE FROMAN - 

Barnett has kind of made himself irrelevant for the last 5 years. This fight is a step in the right direction but still no where near as big as the OWGP would have been. Winning the Couture fight was bigger then this as well
I'm not talking about beating Brett Rogers, I'm talking about what he does in building himself back up right now. Beating Brett just shows he's on the road to being consistent, he's back on Dana's radar now and doing some good fights in the short term could have him back in the UFC. I'm not talking about one event, I'm talking about the opportunity he has to become a big star. If he's consistent RIGHT NOW he will make a name for himself. All the other stuff he's done before is only memorable to those of us who have been around forever. Right now he's in front of more people than he's ever been....

rockwell - 
ABE FROMAN - He won't win the tournament against Overeem but I hope the UFC picks him up just to get some depth to Heavyweight in the UFC.

Why? Barnett is about the best stylist matchup for Overeem. A good wrestler who is hard to submit. Kind of nullifies Overeems two strengths (ie his killer striking and BJJ).
Just my opinion, dude.

Ok cool. I think Barnett draws a lot of hate for his steroids/antics but he is a good fighter.

I agree with A-Fro. This is Barnett's near term chance to be somebody--with us anyway, but also in terms of legacy, since he's toward the end of his career. To what extent he cares is another story, since he intends to continue in pro wrestling. Being a Billy Robinson student, and understanding his rap as carny rather than being a punk, I always liked him.

But, I always root for the slower plodding type fighter, so I'm with Rogers.

ABE FROMAN - 
CRBMoney14 - 
ABE FROMAN - 

I'm not talking about beating Brett Rogers, I'm talking about what he does in building himself back up right now. Beating Brett just shows he's on the road to being consistent, he's back on Dana's radar now and doing some good fights in the short term could have him back in the UFC. I'm not talking about one event, I'm talking about the opportunity he has to become a big star. If he's consistent RIGHT NOW he will make a name for himself. All the other stuff he's done before is only memorable to those of us who have been around forever. Right now he's in front of more people than he's ever been....

Oh, well then I agree. If he wins this tournament it will be his biggest moment.

Though Im not so sure the tourney will continue after this round

rockwell - 

Not sure Barnett's takedowns are good enough

ABE FROMAN - He was Champion, then booted from the UFC and was terminally on the outs - got caught for steroids twice, closed down an entire organization and didn't seem to have any future in fighting...

[Edit] Closed down an entire t-shirt company.
Oh wait, they're still around.

ABE FROMAN - He was Champion, then booted from the UFC and was terminally on the outs - got caught for steroids twice, closed down an entire organization and didn't seem to have any future in fighting...

The guy comes back, has a shot in one of the biggest tournaments ever, mends fences with Zuffa, may even get picked up by the UFC at some point again. If he does this right he could be a top star in the UFC again. I never really liked Barnett because I always thought he was cocky but you have to think it's cool the guy came back like this. I'd like to see him in the Heavyweight mix again, he's got more personality than 90% of the top guys and likely he would be top 3 in the UFC RIGHT NOW.

Man, I hope he doesn't mess this up, he's almost back to where he should be....YOU HEAR ME BARNETT??? DON'T SCREW THIS UP SON!!!

Completely agree. Barnett has enough of a stand up game to trade and a top class ground game. I liked his stepping left hook against Rogers....My hopes are tentative at this stage due to Rogers being relatively green in MMA. However, Barnett is looking the goods to take the GP.

Barnett has his sights set on the BIG PRIZE.

Bad news for any HW who gets in his way....

IMO, he wins the SFHWGP

and then beats the UFCHW champ, whomever it may be.

Is there any video online of that sweet promo he cut after the fight?

Is there any video online of that sweet promo he cut after the fight?