BIGG RIGG'S STEAKHOUSE - anyone been?

TDD - i hear its a bit salty.
I see what you did there! Phone Post 3.0

I heard the waiters just lay there and wait for you to do something, then complain when they don't get a good tip. Phone Post 3.0

vagabond - 
hendofanforlife - 

the serve jelly on boring white bread. 

I generally dislike most of the things you post.

This was very good.

I think I'm going to go take a hit and debate voting you up.

Good job.

It really wasn't that funny, but when someone feels compelled to post in each and every thread created in the UG, it's bound to be hit-and-miss!

From Dallas morning news article. Just cut and pasted

On what he’s learned in the restaurant business:

Having employees is hard. Having structure like that. Each town poses its own difficulties. If we were up here (in Arlington) it would be doing better. I wanted it in Midlothian. We can support the local people. That’s the blessing and the curse. Phone Post 3.0

TexasBadAss - From Dallas morning news article. Just cut and pasted

On what he’s learned in the restaurant business:

Having employees is hard. Having structure like that. Each town poses its own difficulties. If we were up here (in Arlington) it would be doing better. I wanted it in Midlothian. We can support the local people. That’s the blessing and the curse. Phone Post 3.0

I'm sure running a restaurant anywhere is hard, but not cutting corners and offering patrons something they can't just whip up at home (http://www.yelp.com/biz/bigg-riggs-steakhouse-midlothian) would be a solid foundation for a successful restaurant. 

Give it everything you got Johny, both in and out of the cage! In the words of the great Greg Jackson..."go get some fans".

Looks like they tried to go cheap steakhouse and realized they are better off going with more of a bar and grill concept. There is nothing wrong w a full house eating chicken tenders vs empty place eating steak. Phone Post 3.0

I've heard they serve the fifth entree on a coaster. Phone Post 3.0

HolyHackBBCZack - Don't his parents run this place? Honestly it would be awesome to use my personal riches to buy a small business for my family.
That's what the point of it was from what I seen on a countdown show. It was his wife's parents though. Apparently they had been in the business before...I feel for him honestly. I'm sure it's difficult to say no to family when you got the capital to start a business. I don't think he personally wanted it for anything other then free meals. Phone Post 3.0

Service is only 70% Phone Post 3.0

You kind of feel like the chef just showed up and did just enough to get the food on the plate. Then, he comes out and asks how you liked it, and if your honest about it he gets all bent out of shape and says its your fault the food wasn't amazing. Phone Post 3.0

OCMikey -
TzTinkle -
hedfunk - lol at the salad pic from one of those reviews. It literally was salad out of a bag roughly dumped onto a plate. With some shitty dressing put into a little bowl on the side. Wow!

Oh here we go with the salad talk again. Everyone want to act like they growing romaine and arugula in their backyard.
Hi Johny! How's the Woodley camp going? Phone Post 3.0
Can't be Johny. Not enough "You know what I mean?" and "does that make sence?". Phone Post 3.0

Polar_beatdown -
OCMikey -
TzTinkle -
hedfunk - lol at the salad pic from one of those reviews. It literally was salad out of a bag roughly dumped onto a plate. With some shitty dressing put into a little bowl on the side. Wow!

Oh here we go with the salad talk again. Everyone want to act like they growing romaine and arugula in their backyard.
Hi Johny! How's the Woodley camp going? Phone Post 3.0
Can't be Johny. Not enough "You know what I mean?" and "does that make sence?". Phone Post 3.0
You present a solid point sir Phone Post 3.0

Looks like intent last long at all... Phone Post 3.0

Heard the chefs go about 70%. Phone Post 3.0

Seems like one of those places where they focus more on merchandising the brand than the actual food/restaurant. I bet they sell tshirts and hats too. Phone Post 3.0

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bigg-riggs-steakhouse-midlothian

Yelp was not impressed