Bigger hype: Brock or Overeem?

rockwell - 
WALES1 - That's not in debate fucktard.

First off, you didn't even know what a underhook on the ground is.

Then you didn't understand that is was due to Roger's ground game being poor that Reem didn't need a underhook.

So who was he meant to use the underhook on in that postion to prove he "didn't even need" it as I could swear he was fighting Rogers at the time of the Rogers fight.

"Underhook" is a wrestling term used in the clinch. If people in MMA have used that term to refer to a similar position on the floor then fine.

It STILL wouldn't have been any advantage to Overeem to use it.

How fucking dense are you?

Reem did need to use the underhook against Rogers, cos Rogers has a poor ground game.

There would of been no advantage.

Against Fedor, Werdum or Josh - Reem would need a underhook or they would escape.

Neph - 
WALES1 - You really are a sad little cunt.

I said Reem did not need to use a underhook in the context that Roger's ground game was so poor.

Fucking retard.

Didn't Rogers get up from under Fedor, but not from under Overeem?

It's been a while since I've seen the fight so that isn't me being a smartass by posing it as a question.

Fedor should have listened to WALES and his 2 bit training and used an "underhook" then Rogers wouldn't have escaped, except he can't escape because his ground game is so poor....wait a minute.....

rockwell - Ok it's wiki but I can't be arsed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underhook

Notice that bit where it's a "CLINCH HOLD"

Christ, It's not in debate if it's a term used in wrestling!

It is!

But underhooks are also used on the ground.

WALES1 - 
rockwell - 
WALES1 - That's not in debate fucktard.

First off, you didn't even know what a underhook on the ground is.

Then you didn't understand that is was due to Roger's ground game being poor that Reem didn't need a underhook.

So who was he meant to use the underhook on in that postion to prove he "didn't even need" it as I could swear he was fighting Rogers at the time of the Rogers fight.

"Underhook" is a wrestling term used in the clinch. If people in MMA have used that term to refer to a similar position on the floor then fine.

It STILL wouldn't have been any advantage to Overeem to use it.

How fucking dense are you?

Reem did need to use the underhook against Rogers, cos Rogers has a poor ground game.

There would of been no advantage.

Against Fedor, Werdum or Josh - Reem would need a underhook or they would escape.

Not as dense as you sheep shagger.

We are talking about the Overeem/Rogers fight. You mentioned "underhooks" which would have been no advantage or use AGAINST ROGERS AS WE ARE DISCUSSING NOT AGAINST ANYONE ELSE.

So now you are saying he "didn't even need underhooks" but then there would be "no advantage" in using them anyway cos "Rogers has a poor ground game".

Way to blow up your whole original point smart guy.

WALES1 - 
rockwell - Ok it's wiki but I can't be arsed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underhook

Notice that bit where it's a "CLINCH HOLD"

Christ, It's not in debate if it's a term used in wrestling!

It is!

But underhooks are also used on the ground.

How can you be in a "CLINCH HOLD" if you are on the ground?
That wouldn't be a clinch. It would be groundwork.

Do you not even know the difference between standing grappling (ie. clinch) and the ground?????

To much inbreeding in your little Welsh village sunshine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinch_hold#Clinch_hold

Clinch hold used in CLINCH FIGHTING (from article)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinch_fighting

Clinch fighting (also referred to as clinch work) is the part of stand-up fighting where the combatants are grappling in a clinch, typically using clinch holds. Clinching the opponent can be used to eliminate the opponent's effective usage of some kicks, punches, and mêlée weapons. The clinch can also be used as a medium to switch from stand-up fighting to ground fighting by using takedowns, throws or sweeps.

See that part where it says STAND UP FIGHTING.

You really are fucking dense.

I always said he didn't need them.

Then I tried to explain to you that if Reem fought someone with a better ground game he would need the underhooks or they would escape.

Reem Vs Rogers. Reem did NOT need to use a underhook.

Reem Vs Josh. Would NEED a underhook or Josh could escape.

This is all in the contect of Reem being in sidecontrol.

UltraMagnus - 
WALES1 - Why not?

How is Fedor going to light him up on his feet when Brock has put him on his back?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6uJk9pS46g&feature=related

HAHAHAHAHA...No mate didn't you hear? WALES reckons Brock is gonna be the GOAT!!!! No way would he get Zulu'd......

Don't ask me, I did not coin the term underhook when used on the ground.

WALES1 - You really are fucking dense.

I always said he didn't need them.

Then I tried to explain to you that if Reem fought someone with a better ground game he would need the underhooks or they would escape.

Reem Vs Rogers. Reem did NOT need to use a underhook.

Reem Vs Josh. Would NEED a underhook or Josh could escape.

This is all in the contect of Reem being in sidecontrol.

So if he didn't need them why give him credit for not needing them?

WALES 1 - I guess you missed Overeem not even needing a underhook to hold Rogers down....

To explain how easy it was for Reem to control Rogers on the ground.

WALES1 - Don't ask me, I did not coin the term underhook when used on the ground.

Well I have provided EVIDENCE that it refers to a technique used in the clinch specifically.
Yet you tell me I don't know what an underhook is? Seems from the evidence that my definition was more accurate than yours.

Seems now all your big man bluster has gone and you are suddenly looking like YOU don't know what an underhook is. So now you play dumb "I did not coin the term".

WALES1 - To explain how easy it was for Reem to control Rogers on the ground.

So to "explain how easy it was for Reem to control Rogers on the ground." you give an (incorrectly named) example technique that would've been totally pointless?

Way to go Sherlock.

When Shogun KO'd Machida he didn't even need to use his feet.

West Coast Nancy - so Overeem is smart enough to know when he doesn't need to use a clinch hold on an opponent.

That's why some are saying he is the #1 HW....

:D

Fuck off you dick tucking fag.

You are now blaming me becuase I did not name the move?

It's called a underhook.

I fully understand what a underhook is when used in wrestling.

I also know what a underhook is when used on the ground. You don't know what it is. You don't have a fucking clue.

WALES1 - Fuck off you dick tucking fag.

You are now blaming me becuase I did not name the move?

It's called a underhook.

I fully understand what a underhook is when used in wrestling.

I also know what a underhook is when used on the ground. You don't know what it is. You don't have a fucking clue.

An underhook is not used on the ground. Read the definition. It's used in the clinch.
You may incorrectly be using it to apply to a similar situation on the ground but that isn't really an underhook.

If by "dick tucking fag" you mean "person who has completely shown up my bluster and ignorance so now I'll insult him" then yes I guess I am......

Watch this video......

What does he say around the 0.50 mark?

Could you answer that question?

When Fedor armbarred Coleman he didn't even need an underhook