Biggest in-fight mistake in MMA history?

Who was the dipshit that said hi to his mom when fighting Aoki and got himself strangled?

2 Likes

Thiago Alves shooting for a takedown on Martin Kampmann with less than 50 seconds left in a fight he was WAY AHEAD IN, to try to lay on him for a guaranteed decision win at the end of the fight, just to get guillotined into a living death.

Fedor probably would have been fine in his guard if it were in a ring, he went to turn to escape and got stuck against the cage. He could have realistically just made Werdum stand up and kept knocking him down until he was out though.

2 Likes

Randleman thinking Fedor was human…all respect

6 Likes

Came in to say this.

hugo duarte going for armbar on tank

3 Likes

Melvin was losing that fight no matter how it went down.

My memory failed me here regarding the fight ending. He played possum and whiffed on an overhand and used that momentum to go into a takedown which ended in his demise. He looked pretty good in the first round dropping Nate early and keeping the fight on the feet for the most part.

1 Like

There was no way to victory for Melvin in that fight. Nate was a beast and MG always is a threat in the first 3.5 mins and then fades against top level fighters.

Nate started the fight slow. As he always does.
MG started fast and got a knockdown in the very first exchange of the fight.
Nate was surging at the point MG shoots. It was already over imo.

1 Like

More of the dipshit category:

Guillard vs Lauzon

Guillard came to the ring like he already won. Or at least that is what I remember. Can’t find the entrance but here is the fight.

2:10 for left hook that changed Melvin’s party attitude

IMG_0404

4 Likes

Thx for posting that.
Idc if I am 77yo, this really motivates me to get back into the cage I was never in.

7 Likes

Anderson clowning with Weidman. I think his chin was showing some wear when he fought Chael, but the fall off after Weidman was huge, completely different fighter.

4 Likes

I woud say when Nate could have finished Edwards and he just stood there laughing and pointing at him.

3 Likes

9 Likes

You gay bro…Or even a homosexual?

That’s not a mistake. He just got worked.

Tank Abbott tripping against Don Frye after whipping his ass all over the cage

4 Likes

First that came to mind for me was Weidman vs Rockhold.

Weidman was winning, then he tried a half assed spinning heel kick (maybe because Vitor KO’d Luke with it?) and Rockhold got his back i think and got him down because of that kick and pounded on him.

Cost him the fight.

2 Likes

And his career.

3 Likes

Tippy Toe BJ Penn vs Edgar

Only saw it once live, so my memory could be off on on this one.

BJ retired after this beating, then took an additional four fights over the next five years.

Stats | UFC

2 Likes