Bill Cooper cut from Metamoris II

A lot of unfair criticism of Ralek on here. He was able to get one of the most talked about grapplers in the sport on 6 days notice to step in against a very high level opponent. You are not going to see a double guard pull then 50/50 match, that is the strategy he used when trying to win a match against one of the Miyao brothers, not how he fights when doing a submission only event.

The idea that Ralek should have just gotten Saulo to have a match with Jean Jacques is a but crazy. Ralek can only get fights that fighters agree too, he can't just make whatever super fight he wants happen. We have Braulio Estima fresh off an amazing run at Worlds, Rodolfo Viera is one of the top guys in the sport, Kron vs one of the arguably most popular grapplers in MMA for the last 10 years, an amazing female grappling match lined up, and he got Galvao to come back and face Lavato for what should be a great match as well. The only questionable match is Schaub vs Cyborg, and hey, maybe it will bring in some UFC fans.

It's easy to play armchair booker but Ralek should be getting credit for the matches he is putting together. This is only the second event, as it grows in prestige we will hopefully get even more great matches and we will get even more great matches.

He had jean Jacque booked originally for the first card. His opponent got into an accident. And i wasn't suggesting that match as a last min replacement but as a possible future match as adcc is doing legends matches. It'd be great to see the old school guys put on a gi and go for it. I mean renzo said yes right away to a match against de la Riva so why not set that up? But hey these are all my opinions and what I want to see. I personally don't care for this card as much as i did for the first one.

There was no Metamoris this time last year. Now we are talking about part two and three. Shit I'm down, I think it's great what Ralek and company are doing. Remember you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink. You just make good matches on paper, and then you cross your fingers they play out nicely. Phone Post 3.0

Any opportunity for the fighters to get paid, I'm all for and has my full support.

People posting videos on Youtube or pirating the stream, yes, you are directly harming the viability of a promotion and affecting a fighters ability to get paid. Straight up, if you want to support the sport, you don't do that type of stuff.

Ralek ain't perfect but I think he's doing a tremendous job and is great for Jiu Jitsu.

Having said all that, extremely bummed no Grill in this one.

Mendes bros posted something on their facebook about metamoris... maybe they compete.

bjh13 - A lot of unfair criticism of Ralek on here. He was able to get one of the most talked about grapplers in the sport on 6 days notice to step in against a very high level opponent. You are not going to see a double guard pull then 50/50 match, that is the strategy he used when trying to win a match against one of the Miyao brothers, not how he fights when doing a submission only event.

The idea that Ralek should have just gotten Saulo to have a match with Jean Jacques is a but crazy. Ralek can only get fights that fighters agree too, he can't just make whatever super fight he wants happen. We have Braulio Estima fresh off an amazing run at Worlds, Rodolfo Viera is one of the top guys in the sport, Kron vs one of the arguably most popular grapplers in MMA for the last 10 years, an amazing female grappling match lined up, and he got Galvao to come back and face Lavato for what should be a great match as well. The only questionable match is Schaub vs Cyborg, and hey, maybe it will bring in some UFC fans.

It's easy to play armchair booker but Ralek should be getting credit for the matches he is putting together. This is only the second event, as it grows in prestige we will hopefully get even more great matches and we will get even more great matches.

This!

Would like to have it on a saturday instead of sunday tho. Gets pretty late for the (tiny) european crowd.. :\

^ Agreed, I have booked the Monday off work so I cna stayup to watch it. There's a UFC on the Saturday, there is no way they can compete with that.

Not sure why anyone is moaning about the event, I think it's tasty and can;t wait for it.

We need more events like this, a proper fightcard ratrher than a torunament.

They posted a while back about possible rafa marcelo but the shit your pamts match I think they are saving till after the next one to release. Last hint... ask cuo ;)

bjh13 - A lot of unfair criticism of Ralek on here. He was able to get one of the most talked about grapplers in the sport on 6 days notice to step in against a very high level opponent. You are not going to see a double guard pull then 50/50 match, that is the strategy he used when trying to win a match against one of the Miyao brothers, not how he fights when doing a submission only event.

So true, great post!

Ralek stopped by during the evening class at MG's about 2 weeks ago. I doubt it was a successful sell tho.

Sugarfoot - 
Steppenwolf -
checkuroil - When you hear who signed for three you will see ralek knows what's up Phone Post 3.0

Whoa whoa whoa...don't tease us like that dude.

Presumably you cannot say, but can you hint?
BJ Penn Phone Post 3.0

Really?! That would be awesome. I've always hoped that BJ would come back and compete in jiu jitsu before he was too old to retire.