Bisping jabs Weidman, declaring he’s NOT one of the middleweight greats

Weidman has great wins by name & his 1st Silva fight is undoubtedly his greatest win but none of them were in their prime, the only competition close to his level was Rockhold and he lost that one

2 Likes

It’s karma that he broke his leg the same way. If Weidman fights again people will be chopping that leg

2 Likes

i mean he won i guess. complete domination no.

Weidman ranks higher than Bisping imo, and I like Bisping

2 Likes

There’s only been two greats in the division’s history. Anderson at #1 by a mile and then Izzy. After that it gets to the likes of Weidman who had a solid but not great run.

You could throw in people like Henderson and Mousasi but much of their best work was outside the division so probably not.

Not surprised you’re looking for copouts since it can’t be argued.

I’m no hater like with Jones, I just have a realistic view of yet another man that childish fanboys lie to themselves about.

I only ever said that he was cautious about who he fought and when and tried to get out of fights like Weidman.

Now you know why Anderson said Cung Le deserved a title shot not Weidman, huh? Brave, Andy.

Do I need to post those Anderson QUOTES about it again and make you leave? :joy: Because Anderson fans always just try to ignore that and then pretend they never saw it the next time they’re pretending Anderson would have fought Overeem or some shit, lol.

In the first fight Anderson had nothing for Weidman except leg kicks. In the second fight his only offense was turned against him so he had nothing for Weidman.

Thorough domination.

MW has been a mid division honestly. No pun intended

Anderson Silva & Izzy are so clearly 1 and 2

I want to put Weidman at 3 but his career was so awful after USADA came in. Beating a prime machida and TRT Belfort were good wins but he was juiced too clearly

2 Likes

Anderson is very overrated. He beat mid carders his whole career. The flashiness makes people think he was better than he was. Reminds me of Roy Jones Jr. basically just a glorified can crusher. Very skilled guy but never fought legends

Belfort was actually off TRT when he fought Weidman.

It was banned in 2014 and he fought Weidman in 2015. In fact their match was delayed for a year because of it.

1 Like

Nobody except Weidmans grandma thinks he is the GOAT.

Weidman is the 3 title defense range with Khabib and Holloway.

2 Likes

Press Conference Mma GIF by UFC

What a crock of shit. Every Longo fighter that won a title has some story about how it was a complete fluke. All of them. I’ve also never heard of anyone leaving their gym and joining Longo looking to improve their skills.

1 Like

According to Khabib fans Weidman would be p4p GOAT before he fought Rockhold because he was undefeated with 3 title defenses :skull:

But fr Bisping is right here. Weidman beating Silva was one of the craziest MMA moments for me but he’s nowhere near Silva in the GOAT discussion.

2 Likes

michael bisping ufc GIF

1 Like

Bisping is still the only man to win not one, but TWO fights that he was finished in by gift decisions.

Both to guys named Silva.

2 Likes

Totally. 3 champs out of one gym does sound flukish.

He didn’t get the decision Vs candylay.

The ghost of Belfort’s shadow with a t level at that of a woman, and Machida came back hard at the end. I think 205 machida was way better than the 185 version, but prime undefeated Machida would have knocked him dead like he did Bader.

Even in wins, you can tell if a fighter is really IT, or if the wins are situational. Forest Griffin is another example. He took advantage of timing and circumstances and got some big wins, but in the end he got crushed. Weidman is another example, once he ran into a wave of high level fighters coming up as well, he started getting demolished every fight.

Wand grabbed him by throat and dropped him with a punch, he ALMOST soccer kicked his head off, but pulled the kick. Fucking garbage UFC rules.