Bisping’s Simone Biles criticism gets direct response from Olympic champion gymnast

I have adhd and have been dependent on Ritalin in the past. If I had to jump off it to compete in an event that required 100% of my mental and physical ability — I would have performed terribly! So yes, I can easily see this causing someone to go through major mental issues thus causing them to bow out.

I’m shocked that any Olympic committee ever allowed anyone to compete while taking Ritalin. Exemption or no exemption .

I was back and forth as a fan throught his fighting career. His win over Elvis and how excited he was when his son got in the cage made me a fan. The Rivera shit made me hate him.

But I will admit I really enjoy him now as a commentator and his interviews

Hey thanks for that info, i hadn’t heard that yet. That actually makes sense why they are saying mental health reasons then. I still don’t think they should praise her.

Also think it’s crazy that a stimulant was ever allowed.

1 Like

Question about that…she was leading the competition at the time she pulled herself. Is it normal that she would have looked so good, then had it all fall apart due to ADHD? I have no idea, legit asking because I’m curious.

Like I said in a previous post, I have no issue with her removing herself from competition. I just don’t love the “OMG she’s so brave, she’s standing up for all the children who haven’t been looked after!!” I even saw a long news article comparing her to Kerry Strug (not sure if I’m butchering the spelling) but she’s the girl who was hurt and vaulted again, hurt herself more and was carried off by the coach…and it’s not the fucking same at all…and I hate the revisionist history on that too. The article made it seem like the ankle injury to Strug ended her career, and OMG I can’t believe they forced her to compete.

She retired at the time almost all US gymnasts retire (how many 22 year old female olympic gymnasts have we seen? They all retire before 20) and was a FUCKING HERO. She was on every talk show, had endorsements like crazy, and appears to be worth millions as a result. The article I read made it seem like being pushed ruined her life, but it appears to be quite the opposite.

So while I hate the hero worship and praise for quitting, I don’t really care that she quit either. I think the whole “she’s carrying the weight of the USA on her shoulders, and she let us all down!!!” shit is dumb too. I feel zero connection to the team USA athletes, don’t feel as though they’re doing it for “me” and have no issue with her pulling herself out if she didn’t feel it was right for her. I don’t see why she has to be a hero or villain here.

5 Likes

Oh no! She bonked her head on a padded beam and walked away just fine after! WHAT A MOTHER FUCKING HERO SHE IS!

ಠ_ಠ

She’s getting everything she wanted out of this Olympics!

1 Like

If she doesn’t want to participate I think this is enough reason. Fuck the Olympics who cares about a medal.