Bisping still believes Darren Till will become champion some day

“Darren Till – you’re laughing at me because he’s 1-3 in his last four – Darren Till will be champion one day,” Bisping said on his YouTube channel.“His striking is phenomenal. His mind is strong. He’s just had a bit of a bad run. And again, 29 years old. He’ll be champ.”

Till, who’s currently healing from a leg injury, provided a positive update in which he expressed his desire to fight twice in 2022. But Bisping doesn’t only see championship potential in Till. He also really likes his teammate Tom Aspinall’s chances, despite his recent setback to Curtis Blaydes in July.

“People seem to think I’m salty that Leon (Edwards) won,” Bisping said. “I am over the goddamn moon for Leon, and I support every fighter from the U.K. Of course I wasn’t going to be the first and only one. We’re going to have a slew of champions coming from the U.K. Tom Aspinall, as we know, sadly really hurt his leg. But Tom will be champion. He will be back. He’s going to rehab, he’s going to have the surgery, he’s going to be coming back six months, nine months, maybe a year. But he’s only 29 years old and he will be champion of the heavyweight division – make no mistake. Mark my words.”

I like Till. But he will never out strike Izzy or Alex Pereira. And at WW he’d never get any offense off against Colby Usman or his boy Khamzat

4 Likes

I Dont Think So No Way GIF

2 Likes

Oh c’mon broseph. Don’t take after Conor

Til vs Pereira would be a pretty interesting fight right now. Pereira obviously is the much more technical kickboxer but Til has quite a bit more mma experience. Would Alex have Til diving for a takedown?

Absolutely. If not he’ll end up like Sean strickland. But maybe not till round 2

I don’t think Tills body especially his knee can hold up to training like he is used to doing, because when you are one of those 100% effort in every training session guys, your body will break down sooner or later and unfortunately for Till that’s already happened.

Be very unfortunate if Til can’t fight anymore - if he is done his ufc run will have been a pretty big disappointment. I remember sone folks had him marked as the champion before the Woodley fight

Seems highly unlikely. Tbh I cant see him ever putting together a run that would even get him close to a title shot again.

Him vs prime Ping would have been a decent fight though. Mike was the more well rounded guy and had better wrestling but Till can be a lot more explosive and powerful standing when he actually chooses to do something other than stare at you.

2 Likes

get wrestling into your schools and you may have a chance. otherwise good british fighters will continue to be an anomalie.

Brits who can grapple are, which was his point

Butt Naked Fighting Championship?

Bisping still thinks that boys have penises and girls have vaginas.

1 Like

What’s your old screen name