BJ v. Gil: Zuffa make it happen

First of all, lets get this out of the way - BJ Penn is not "done". He's not some decrepit, ancient former champ that has been KO'd a bunch of times and is now punch drunk. In fact, he still has not been dropped one single time in his career. Yes, he did not do well in his past couple of outings, but he was fighting out of his true weight class against beasts at the top of the division. And I am unconvinced that BJ is "retired". That lava still flows in his veins and is ready to erupt - he just needs to find a proper opponent in his weight class to bring out the "motivated" BJ.

And Gil is that man. In a lot of ways, BJ and Gil are mirror images of each other. Both started out as grapplers, but now, they take the center of the octagon and pressure opponents while swinging heat. There will be no dancing or holding in this fight and it will be interesting to see who will push back who.

And its a win-win from a UFC marketing perspective. If Gil wins, he gets a win over a legend, thus building up his name and laying the foundation for a rematch for the belt. And if BJ wins, he just beat the #2 155er in the world and it immediately puts the biggest PPV draw the UFC has under 170 back "in the mix".

Plus the UFC offered this fight to BJ before, so there is a history there.

If BJ can maintain his pace and keep it on the feet i think he can take it.

lol give Bj an easy fight for once, poor guy has been fighting a murders row lately :(

Love it. Hard to pick a winner. I think if you can't dance around bj at 155 he kills anyone. Phone Post 3.0

Would be amazing. Or Gil vs Alvarez. Phone Post 3.0

SCRAP Phone Post

BJ would destroy Gil easy I'd bet on it ... Phone Post 3.0

Never gonna pay Taxes - I'd rather see BJ Penn vs. Joe Lauzon or Donald Cerrone. All coming off loses i believe

bj would never fight lauzon...and cerrone...i like him, but cmon...bj would be eating locomoco everyday and surfing for traneing...

Sakuraba belt - lol give Bj an easy fight for once, poor guy has been fighting a murders row lately :(

I agree, follow boxing's lead on this one, and throw the dude a tune up fight. If he's still as good as the fans think he is, then he'll win that fight and have some momentum going into a matchup with a top ranked opponent...like Gil.

Bj penn is the best Phone Post

Silverball - 
Sakuraba belt - lol give Bj an easy fight for once, poor guy has been fighting a murders row lately :(

I agree, follow boxing's lead on this one, and throw the dude a tune up fight. If he's still as good as the fans think he is, then he'll win that fight and have some momentum going into a matchup with a top ranked opponent...like Gil.

bj needs a top guy for him to tranform into "motivated" penn

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 
Silverball - 

bj needs a top guy for him to tranform into "motivated" penn

BJ needs Marv Marinovich and a sublet in Orange County to transform.

BJ needs to go back to his roots, AKA

bj wanted to go back, but jon fish said no..

maybe he should trane with lauzon and fight on the boston card?

Can you imagine if BJ hadn't wasted half his career fighting at 170+?

ttt

DO IT!! I WANNA WIFF OF THAT NEW CAR SMELL!!! Phone Post 3.0

Bj should have never moved to ww. That's the problem. Phone Post

Enough of the "we want motivated BJ". How long have people been calling for that!? BJ shouldn't need a top opponent to get motivated, nor should he get one. The guy is coming off of a loss and you want him to fight a top 3 LW? He needs to retire. If your not motivated about fighting in the top organization, making a lot of money, and working toward a title shot, maybe you shouldn't be fighting in the first place

Anderson's BBC in my Goku - 
Never gonna pay Taxes - I'd rather see BJ Penn vs. Joe Lauzon or Donald Cerrone. All coming off loses i believe

bj would never fight lauzon...and cerrone...i like him, but cmon...bj would be eating locomoco everyday and surfing for traneing...

Can't hate for his love of locomoco , that's some dam tasty food.