BJJ Black Belt Owned by Aikido

looks just deadly enough for the cage, but not so deadly that he couldnt use it

I always run with my wrist out like that when I do ALL my take downs.

JacT - I always run with my wrist out like that when I do ALL my take downs.

i was going to say it usually works for me

lmao!!!!!!!!!!

Whoever runs up to that guy to eagerly shake hands is fucked

joe bruce - this video is stupid, thats not a real fight or a real bjj black belt, who the fuck would just stand there and let dude run his moves on him? GTFO here with that shiznit

Let's all take the OP seriously.

Obviously,  Aikido is more of a street-applicable art than BJJ.  I doubt that the aikidoka would succeed in a BJJ tournament, though, because his more dangerous techniques would be declared illegal.

Check out this one armed Aikido master destroying a seasoned MMA fighter.

MMA guy is all like "no, not like that! Put your arm like this so I can armbar you." 

No answer for aikido.  None.

Akido shouldn't be able to take all the credit for that ass whooping. Those back body drops were straight out of pro wrestling, probably taught by Sensei Rick Martel.

I know a guy who just released a Budo Contemplations book. He truly believes in this stuff. The funny part is aside from him being clueless to real martial arts, he is a very smart guy. Respectful, very good at his job and otherwise smart. HE refuses to roll with me so I can't just show him. The one time we did roll I popped two of his ribs from knee on chest position. I just lifted his head a bit and POP POP two dislocated ribs. The cartiledge tore between them and they crossed. This was all within 45 seconds. lol he says I am too careless and agressive and still thinks it was a fluke because he never got a chance. I secured a basic trip takedown and went nearly immediatly to knee on chest. I planned to go to mount and keep changing positions while smothering him a bit so he could see what real grappling is. Anyhow, he still remains clueless. Pretty funny.

Ghan - If everyone would just learn Aikido instead of BJJ, fights would never go to the ground as you can clearly see in the video.

exactly..then my gis wouldnt have holes/tears/rips there fore saving me thousands of dollars on gis ...whew!

LOL that shit reminded me of that scene from Napoleon Dynamite of Rex Kwon Do.

ha ha i was thinking the same thing. grab my wrist, no the other one...

joe bruce - this video is stupid, thats not a real fight or a real bjj black belt, who the fuck would just stand there and let dude run his moves on him? GTFO here with that shiznit

wtf u talking bout dude!!! akido guys just let BBs beat them cuz if they REALLY were tothrow down with BJJ guys...BJJ would collapse so in silence they accept "defeat" to preserve their deadly art.

Redneck - 
var so = new SWFObject("http://www.youtube.com/v/pLqovX4G8Z0?fs=1&hl=en_US", "postVideo-31616479-Flash", "425", "355", "9.0.28", "##000"); so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "samedomain"); so.addParam("allowNetworking", "internal"); so.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); so.write("postVideo-31616479"); Check out this one armed Aikido master destroying a seasoned MMA fighter.

that akido master was goin easy on that young son as so not to hurt him ya know

aikido looks coolest when segal is destroying rastamen with it

That guys Aikido is horrible. Not a very good representation.

sankyo - That guys Aikido is horrible. Not a very good representation.

can you show us a good one that wasnt made in hollywood?

I just got slapped in the back of the head from my wife for waking her up laughing at that first video :(

Maybe if i touch her wrist she will cartwheel out the door with bags in the car and drive.

I love the aikido vs a punch scenario where the "boxer" runs in with his arm stuck out in front, gets held by the wrist and then jumps onto the mat.

Which proves the superiority of aikido over the striking arts.