BJJ+Boxing=???

you guys rule

Hackett... "Describing your goals is fine, but 99% of boxing coaches have never heard of Jens Pulver, and would rather you not hold-and-hit in sparring sessions."

I dont know what coaches you talk to but 99% of the ones I talk to know a whole lot about Dirty Boxing for self-defense.

Sure, they know dirty tricks, and like I said, describing your goals is a good idea.

But I wrote "99% of boxing coaches have never heard of Jens Pulver, and would rather you not hold-and-hit in sparring sessions", and I can't see anyone refuting that.

TH

""Royce cant box yet he would rape you and 99% of people in the street" "

Yeah, but with Royce's style, it would only work against 1 person at a time and if that person doesn't have any friends. I think boxing complements BJJ well. The average Joe, with no boxing training, would try to throw wild, looping punches like in "Wildest Street Brawls". A boxer throws straight punches and would end it just like that.

It's not hard to add your own dirt once you know how to box. For instance elbows, knees, headbutts come easy. Learn how to do elbow destructions from Kali and eyejabs, etc. from JKD systems. Learn how to clinch and sprawl, boxing lays a foundation for everything!