BJJ guys acting tough is funny

He tapped Bo on a foam mat. You know, the UFC fighter who had to resort to kneeing somebody in the balls to get a take down on an average wrestler, then had one of the most sloppy head and arm chokes I’ve ever seen at that level.

2 Likes

This argument is kinda silly. Of course there will be people that can beat Gordon.
So a massive SHW wrestler can beat him on concrete, and Tyson Fury can KO him etc etc. You’re talking a small handful of people on the planet. Id take those skills! Lol
If you can put me in anyones situation as far as being in a single art/combat sport its Gordon.

2 Likes

Gordon would put that guy to sleep or break his limbs in less than 2 minutes.

3 Likes

Absolute douche! Deliberately injuring somebody.

Not in a bar fight. In a bar fight Tua would wreck him and many others too.

2 Likes

Countless high level greco guys have lost tons and tons of fights in MMA.

Citing Gardner vs Yoshida is as pointless.

Might as well talk about Kolecki vs Janikowski as proof Olympic weightlifting is a superior base to Greco.

8 Likes

As well as Mijain.

1 Like

This guy explains things so well.

Beautiful technique! When you lock down the triangle and it’s really snug and sunk in, it’s a great feeling.

1 Like

On concrete? When did we change surfaces?

Loud and clear Gordon sucks and Greco wrestling is the dominant submission grappling sport

1 Like

Okay, but I thought Jiu-jitsu presented no threat of immediate violence? How’d he hurt his opponent so fast then?

1 Like

Here’s another from the same tournament. Not nice, but definitely violent and immediate

5 Likes

WTF man, is that a trauma tournament?

That’s an inverted heel hook too. The worst!

1 Like

Depends on how big the bar is, how crowded it is, and how the fight starts.
Empty bar with plenty of space for movement and the two squared up, Tua’s chances are good. Change any of those conditions, and shit shifts in the other direction pretty quickly.

4 Likes

It’s possible but it’s also possible Tua turns his brain off and makes him talk funny for the rest of his life. We’re basically back to conversation pre-UFC 1.

5 Likes

That’s why I thought this was already settled, UFC 1-5 happened. I guess a lot of guys here didn’t watch them or are just in denial like most of the Black Belt magazine subscription base.

10 Likes

That’s a good point. BJJ is dominating the current mma landscape what with all of the champs being primarily BJJ practitioners.

Come on, bud. I was reasonable and said either outcome is possible. The days where it’s a foregone conclusion that the BJJ guy beats all is over. Let’s not pretend.

Cracking Up Lol GIF

1 Like

To be fair, this is MMA, everyone HAS to train everything. But if you had to pick someone from one art, who could not cross train, you would have to go some form of grappling. Early UFC’s proved BJJ is great, so is Wrestling. This debate is weird to me

1 Like

Yep but we were originally talking about Tua and Ryan. A world champ striker who doesn’t grapple vs a world champ grappler who doesn’t strike.

I said either outcome was possible and fuck face McGee made me out to be some McDojo proprietor who said a side step and Dim Mac is too dangerous to use in competition.

To be clear, I’m not speaking on boxing vs BJJ. I’m saying a young, explosive, fired up David Tua has (more than) a chance against literally anyone on the planet. I also said Gordon Ryan might also turn him into a pretzel. I was pretty nuanced, if I do say so myself.

2 Likes

I agree. Anything is possible. And you can have 10 fights and 10 different outcomes. But if I had to pick someones skillset to have, its Gordons

2 Likes

I was not talking about Tua vs Ryan though.

I mean you’re an average nobody in a bar. Gordon Ryan is not a scary guy. What can he do? Pull guard on you?

Meanwhile, a good striker or Tua in this example…

Best_Knockouts_Of_David_Tua_Boxing_HD

1 Like