BKFC Champion Austin Trout Feels Promotion's Growth Will Lead To Massive Fights

https://www.mmanews.com/news/bkfc-austin-trout-promotion-growth-conor-mcgregor-fight

BKFC welterweight kingpin Austin Trout believes he would vanquish Conor McGregor in the bare-knuckle world.

“The Notorious” is often seen in the audience at BKFC events, and he even teased taking on Mike Perry last year. However, for now, it does not appear likely the Dubliner will be jumping head-on into bare-knuckle competition any time soon.

Interestingly, McGregor’s beer brand, Forged Irish Stout, entered into a partnership with the Bare-Knuckle Fighting Championship last month.

‘I’d Definitely Whoop Him’ - Austin Trout On Conor McGregor

During a recent interview with InsideFighting, BKFC Welterweight Champion Austin Trout discussed McGregor’s interest in the sport.

“He’s very interested and he shows up to a lot of the fights,” Trout said. “I don’t know man, I think they’re- because the BKFC is growing, you know? They’re just one growth spurt away from locking in a Conor McGregor fight.”
Austin Trout won the 170-pound gold over the weekend at BKFC 57. After five rounds of punishing, bare-knuckle action, Trout was declared the winner over Luis Palomino via unanimous decision.

Welterweight is a weight class Conor McGregor has some experience in in the UFC. During the interview, Trout was asked if he’d ben up for fighting “The Notorious” at 170 pounds with his BKFC title on the like.

“No Doubt” lived up to his nickname when discussing fighting the Irishman. Trout was quick to assert that he would hand McGregor a bare-knuckle beating, claiming he’d get the better of him more handily than Floyd Mayweather Jr. did.
In the Irishman’s first and thus far only foray into professional boxing, he fell to Mayweather via TKO in the tenth round.

“I’d definitely whoop him worse than Floyd did,” Trout said. “Definitely worse than Floyd did, you know, that’d be great for my legacy as well.”

@LytesOutPodcast

Austin Trout Eyes Fights With Mike Perry & Eddie Alvarez

MMA Junkie Radio recently had the BKFC champion Austin Trout join the show. During his appearance, Trout said that while he isn’t one to make demands, he’d like to mix it up with Mike Perry and Eddie Alvarez, both former UFC fighters.

“Nothing has been shot my way yet, but I’ll be there,” Trout said. “I’m just going to throw a name out there. Eddie Alvarez is a good fight for LA. Tony Soto would be a good fight for LA. Tony Soto, they say he’s the No. 1 at 165. Those are two different decent names to put under my belt.

“…To be honest, the Mike Perry fight does intrigue me. It does. It does intrigue me. … The way I’m feeling right now, it seems like a tough one on paper but I feel like I’ll make that fight look easy too.”

Trout might just get his wish, as both men haven’t been shy in expressing their love to scrap. Perry’s stock has been soaring, and turning down a title opportunity just doesn’t seem like “Platinum’s” style. It’s important to note, however, that Perry competes at middleweight and has even dabbled in the light heavyweight division under BKFC.