Blue belt wears tkd black belt at bjj tournament?!

What's up og.  Was at a bjj tournament and saw a funny situation.  Guy wearing my home academy gi with patches wearing a tkd black belt.   But is only a blue belt in  Bjj.  No he did not compete.  (Yes I asked him to take off).  If he would of wore his tkd gi I guess I'd of been ok with it.   Just damm

Hope he dies Phone Post 3.0

^ dayum Phone Post 3.0

Lol what was his reasoning for having a gi on when he was not competing? Phone Post 3.0

I've seen it before. The guy was also the tournament director and made it a point to mention on the loud speaker that he was a Bjj blue but was going to compete in his tkd black belt. The true blacks in attendance didn't seem to have a problem with it, most likely because the guy was giving away 1000.00 in prize money. Phone Post 3.0

checkuroil - Hope he dies Phone Post 3.0
That escalated quickly Phone Post 3.0

Hope his family dies Phone Post 3.0

I'm sure he acted like what he was doing wasn't calculated. Like all of those dip shits they like to push the line and then they act stupid when the line gets drawn.

Just like Ari. They know what they are doing is misleading and offensive. Then they hide behind ignorance. Phone Post 3.0

When a guy has a BB in TKD and is walking around a BJJ tournament there are only 3 things to do: get out of his way, avert your eyes and shut the f@ck up.

No need to try and be a hero by making some stupid point about how, "technically, you should be wearing your BJJ rank because this is a BJJ tournament, blah, blah, blah..."

Yeah, that's a great way to get a Jump Spinning Axe Kick to the face.

Lol Shen.   I understand your point.  Last time I was told I was fighting a tkd black belt,  when I got in the ring they told me didn't show up.  So they switched my opponent to 3 stripe rcj machado blue belt named Ricco Rodriquez.   All 6'4" and 315 lbs.    I had just got blue.  Lmfao.   Those tkd guys are tricky

shen - 

When a guy has a BB in TKD and is walking around a BJJ tournament there are only 3 things to do: get out of his way, avert your eyes and shut the f@ck up.

No need to try and be a hero by making some stupid point about how, "technically, you should be wearing your BJJ rank because this is a BJJ tournament, blah, blah, blah..."

"Jump spinning axe kick to the face" i'm visualzing that and holy shit that would be fucking awesome to see in real life!!!!!

redwhiteandblues -
shen - 

"Jump spinning axe kick to the face" i'm visualzing that and holy shit that would be fucking awesome to see in real life!!!!!
Sadly it would be the last thing you would ever see.... Osss Phone Post 3.0

I used to see this back in the days, both at BJJ seminars and tournaments. The fat Karate guy would strut around the room in his black belt just so everyone was aware he was a black belt, and then 30 minutes later he would go put a white belt on. I saw it numerous times at early tournaments.

Keenan's step dad wore his to Keenan's promotion Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

Wear your appropriate rank to the appropriate event

If you're not competing or participating , wear a fucking Tshirt or polo Phone Post 3.0

gtownhoya - What if I'm a blue belt in BJJ and a white belt in TKD, and I'm attending a wrestling tournament? I assume I wear a black belt, no? 3-stripe purple with a canned story about how I'm a black belt, but "my teacher is going to make me wait until I've been training for at least 4 years until I actually get the belt" is the lowest I'm willing to go. Phone Post 3.0
Wear them all at once, like those friendship bracelets teen age girls give to each other. Phone Post 3.0

I don't want to say martial arts attracts a dispropotionate number of people with personality disorders, but...  it does. It really does.

shen -

I don't want to say martial arts attracts a dispropotionate number of people with personality disorders, but...  it does. It really does.

VU. There are some weird people that are in this sport. Best take off those rainbow shades as soon as your able. Phone Post 3.0

checkuroil - Phone Post 3.0

looks like Tom is wearing a four stripe purple belt to me...I know he is a purple in bjj