Body cam footage: Nick Diaz arrest

is this the same arrest where 'inside sources' told Front Row Brian that Nick was brawling with multiple cops?

Boom Boom Mancino -

is this the same arrest where 'inside sources' told Front Row Brian that Nick was brawling with multiple cops?

Yes

Boom Boom Mancino -

Apparently twitter suspended that guy's account for something 

GladiatorGannon -
oranos -

i dont get it..they just show up at his crib and arrest him? lmao. wtf is going on here.

An accuation of domestic violence is essentially a mandatory arrest in many areas, even with no evidence whatsoever. 

His girl screwed up letting the cops in, as badly written as those laws are, they can't enforce them if they can't get in the house, and they can't do that without a warrant or consent. If you have a genuine co-habitating victim, she can let you in, but it's a lot harder for a stalker to show up at your door and have you arrested (which is more common than you think).

"Can't they get  a warrant?" 

Yes, but that allows common sense and the normal protections of the system to come into play. Apparently her story was pretty flimsy and fell apart under a judge's scrutiny. Get that scrutiny earlier (getting the full story and presenting it to the judge in warrant application) and skip the going to jail, public humiliation etc.. Heck, if the cops get more info, one of them may even exercise some common sense. Finding holes in the accuser's story is not encouraged when you're under such massive pressure to arrest (and liability if you don't) but if you force them to investigate and write a full report before arresting you, it forces them to find out about it.

I don't fault the girl too much, a prominent atttorney in RI made a similar mistake when this stripper he was dating started tearing his place up. He expected DV laws to follow the normal rules of the rest of the system and walked out to explain the situation to the cops, that were then obligated to arrest him (girl was not co-habitating and was not inside the house when they arrived).

Thank you for the details

Watching that made me sad.

charges were dropped

Seriously, the LVMPD are out of control.  How many celebrities we see get arrested there? 

jakeb -
mix headroom -

The cop with the body cam pulls the other two away and literally says "Keep your suspects in line, if you need to hobble them or whoop their ass, do it."

Damn, hobble them? 

'Hobble' is the device used to kind of hogtie the suspect. 

I guess whoop their ass is a device too?

GladiatorGannon -
oranos -

i dont get it..they just show up at his crib and arrest him? lmao. wtf is going on here.

An accuation of domestic violence is essentially a mandatory arrest in many areas, even with no evidence whatsoever. 

His girl screwed up letting the cops in, as badly written as those laws are, they can't enforce them if they can't get in the house, and they can't do that without a warrant or consent. If you have a genuine co-habitating victim, she can let you in, but it's a lot harder for a stalker to show up at your door and have you arrested (which is more common than you think).

Yes, but that allows common sense and the normal protections of the system to come into play. Apparently her story was pretty flimsy and fell apart under a judge's scrutiny. Get that scrutiny earlier (getting the full story and presenting it to the judge in warrant application) and skip the going to jail, public humiliation etc.. Heck, if the cops get more info, one of them may even exercise some common sense. Finding holes in the accuser's story is not encouraged when you're under such massive pressure to arrest (and liability if you don't) but if you force them to investigate and write a full report before arresting you, it forces them to find out about it.

I don't fault the girl too much, a prominent atttorney in RI made a similar mistake when this stripper he was dating started tearing his place up. He expected DV laws to follow the normal rules of the rest of the system and walked out to explain the situation to the cops, that were then obligated to arrest him (girl was not co-habitating and was not inside the house when they arrived).

That's scary.  So some stupid bitch could at any time just have me arrested? 

mysteryman - 
GladiatorGannon -
oranos -

That's scary.  So some stupid bitch could at any time just have me arrested? 

Yes. Be very careful whenever supporting a law “protecting” someone that is already protected by all the laws that protect you. These things have massive unforeseen consequences, and in this case, instead of just protecting victims, it also empowered a whole new class of abusers.

Also, these draconian laws had almost zero impact on the number of women getting killed for many years. When female DV victims did go down, it was more likely due to greater societal awareness of the problem than these laws, which were apparently ineffective for their purpose. What did see a dramatic down turn was homicides of men by their female partners which dropped by about a third. Previously it had been about 1 to 1. After these laws, it was 3-2 more more women getting killed.

The only conclusion I could draw from these wacky stats was that one third of men getting murdered by their spouses suddenly started getting sent to prison on bogus charges, because it was much easier and safer than straight murder in the new system.

FWAT

There should be repercussions for the cop who blatantly lied and said Nate was combative. Its clear to see on video he was not. Were any charges piled on because of the cops lie? Cops should be held to a higher standard. When they are serving to protect and upholding the law, they need to be perfect. Mishaps, lies, misconduct, abuse of power, should be unacceptable, and punishable by much harsher standards then if he or she was an average citizen

Nick should open request the body cam footage, and file a complaint against that officer. 

ranier wolfcastle -

charges were dropped

It sucks it’s on his record forever.  Every time a cop asks if he’s been arrested before he will have to say yes.  

Hah! What a fitting ad. I’m glad to see Google AI hard at work.

Anyone have a link to the ORIGINAL police report with the details?  It was reported they lied and said he was “combative”.